Going To Planets Outside The Current Offered Contracts

1 reply to this topic

#1 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

How is Going to planets Outside the current offered contracts to gain experience and salvage working out before you come back to the offered contracts...?

What planets are good to go too? As most of the ones I looked at did not sound like good candidates....

#2 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 14 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

How is Going to planets Outside the current offered contracts to gain experience and salvage working out before you come back to the offered contracts...?

If you are talking about the HBS version of BattleTech:

The contracts you currently see in the system you are in are completely randomized. Whenever you leave the system, a new set of contracts will be generated in the new system you come to. And when you return to the system you came from, the contracts will be re-generated and be completely new. If you don't take a contract, go away, and come back, they won't be there anymore.

What planets are good to go too? As most of the ones I looked at did not sound like good candidates....

If you are talking about what rewards you will potentially get, it really doesn't matter. You can more or less ignore planet descriptors in that regard. The only thing you really want to pay attention to is the difficulty, and what "biome" a planet offers (hot, cold, temperate, etc).

The only time a planet's descriptors really seem to matter is what the stores will potentially have for sale (and there might be some effect on the quality of MechWarriors you are able to hire but I never paid a close eye to that since I've had so FEW die on me). And even then, most of your salvage and best items/mechs will come from the battlefield anyhow - thus putting even more emphasis on a planet's difficulty and biome being the primary things you ought to be paying attention to, before anything else.

...And maybe the factions offering contracts, if you care about that stuff (and you really shouldn't because it's too easy to get everybody to like you in this game - nobody gets particularly offended whenever you take a contract against them; so if you play for long enough you become everybody's best friend [except for the Directorate, due to the main storyline] no matter how many of their mechs you've blown up).

Edited by Signal27, 14 May 2018 - 04:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users