15 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

So yeah proposing some small changes which should be possible so don't expect revolutionary ideas here. Posted Image

- Remove the freaking IS / Clan blob on the map and give every faction their own colors back. (on the map)

- segregate IS / Clan voting (not getting more buckets) to all houses and clans.

- Segregate the winning planets between IS / Clan so that all houses and clans fight over 1 planet even if it's just within the 1 bucket rule. (Also doesn't require to add buckets!)

- Decrease phase time from either 6 or 4 hours per phase.

- Add Mining Collective, Viridian Bog and Tourmeline Desert to the scouting map routine.

- Make ties rare, decrease the capture threshold.

- When reaching rank 20 or 10 if your merc people keep their title but redo the whole reward thing from scratch indefinitely, Maybe adding either a 5% or 10% increase in loyalty points earned for that faction when they redo the rewards.

- EVENT SPECIFIC: If fighting for example House Steiner and House Kurita within events let unit choose the unit they will fight for without them losing their allegiance to their house or clan

- EVENT SPECIFIC: When there is an IS vs IS there should always be a Clan vs Clan event going

Edited by Alexandra Hekmatyar, 02 August 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#2 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

I hate spawn camping but love to hit IS Assaults and Heavies in the back where they thought they were safe. Love kills like that.

Your ideas are very interesting, would love more maps. During the last event the Nova Cat vs Steel Viper Clan War that fighting was vicious. Not even drops against EVIL as a PUG is as brutal.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 14 May 2018 - 07:23 PM.

#3 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Thought I would throw a bone to the spawn camping haters. :P

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 15 May 2018 - 02:17 AM, said:

Thought I would throw a bone to the spawn camping haters. :P

You kinda did that.

#5 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

There are at least a couple of decent ideas here...not that PGI even pays attention to the forums. However....no,no,no,no on the turrets...unless there is possibly some kind of out of bounds mechanic to the DZ to prevent folks from hiding in/near their dz should they get a kill lead or even from the get-go of a match. We already have at least 1 broken mode (incursion) in FW....let’s not break skirmish and possibly other modes as well.

#6 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

To be honest, you have some neat ideas but, I doubt anyone will come back. It's been almost a year since the team I am on dropped in FP (June 2017) and there is zero inclination to come back as a team..... That well was poisoned and I'm afraid that isn't recoverable without a HUGE rebuilding of the entire game play concept......

#7 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 15 May 2018 - 06:28 AM, said:

There are at least a couple of decent ideas here...not that PGI even pays attention to the forums. However....no,no,no,no on the turrets...unless there is possibly some kind of out of bounds mechanic to the DZ to prevent folks from hiding in/near their dz should they get a kill lead or even from the get-go of a match. We already have at least 1 broken mode (incursion) in FW....let’s not break skirmish and possibly other modes as well.

Hmm or maybe a time that turrets are actually active on each drop, maybe 20 seconds or something to prevent exploitation?
Although even then you could exploit it by moving people around to one LZ over the other.
Making the LZ an out of bounds area would most likely screw over people that crashed mid-game.

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 15 May 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Hmm or maybe a time that turrets are actually active on each drop, maybe 20 seconds or something to prevent exploitation?
Although even then you could exploit it by moving people around to one LZ over the other.
Making the LZ an out of bounds area would most likely screw over people that crashed mid-game.

This idea of turrets has been talked about from time to time over the past year or two on these forums...nobody however really has come up with something that could prevent camping your own dz without messing over dc’s. I am totally willing to see ideas thrown out there, but honestly from what I have seen proposed these last couple of years I think any of the proposed “cures” I have seen proposed would be far worse than the “disease” of dz farming. Which I don’t think is a massive deal anyway, because if you get dz farmed...you got crushed and will continue to get crushed in that match dz farming or not . Yes, I know it might hurt people’s feelings to get shot coming out of the dropship and thus drive newer players away...so I am willing to entertain ideas. Just I have yet to see an idea proposed that was better than the current state of things and not exploitable.

#9 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, I do agree with you Marquis.
I knew it would be a bad idea. :P

#10 TheRealChupacabra

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

Maybe let the "dropship" give ECM, radar coverage and some fire support for 30 seconds or so after drop (around the LZ)?

#11 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:34 PM

There isn't the population anymore to support bigger separations.

#12 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 16 May 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

There isn't the population anymore to support bigger separations.

My suggestions other then the IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan events doesn't change the 1 bucket.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Clan on Clan is the true crucible of War. It is like a cluster bomb in a cornucopia.

#14 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:19 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 14 May 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

- Remove the freaking IS / Clan blob and give every faction their own colors back.
- segregate IS / Clan voting to all houses and clans.
We've been there, it requires a much larger FP population to work properly.

- Decrease phase time from either 6 or 4 hours per phase.
Agreed.

- Add Mining Collective, Viridian Bog and Tourmeline Desert to the scouting map routine.
Agreed.

- Make ties rare, decrease the capture threshold.
Or change it so that a few worlds always change hands, and the tug-of-war bar just affects how many.do and how many of those go to your side.

- When reaching rank 20 or 10 if your merc people keep their title but redo the whole reward thing from scratch indefinitely, Maybe adding either a 5% or 10% increase in loyalty points earned for that faction when they redo the rewards
- EVENT SPECIFIC: If fighting for example House Steiner and House Kurita within events let unit choose the unit they will fight for without them losing their allegiance to their house or clan
- EVENT SPECIFIC: When there is an IS vs IS there should always be a Clan vs Clan event going
Agreed.

- GAMEPLAY SPECIFIC: Prolly my worse idea but a lot of people hate the spawn camping so I propose indestructible turrets on the Trump walls, laser variants or the quantity of turrets should be thought out by the actual size of the map.

That would just promote spawn turtling in some modes. Dropships already serve this purpose in a more limited fashion, although I guess their weapons could always be buffed somewhat.

#15 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 May 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

We've been there, it requires a much larger FP population to work properly.

I'm talking there about the map NOT THE BUCKET.
I should prolly rephrase it later. :P

#16 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

There we go.
If this isn't more clear that I'm not after adding more buckets I don't know what will.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users