Jenner's Arm Armor Redistributions?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

Armor value for the Jenner F's arms being redistributed doesn't seem very well thought out... It's only weapon hard points are in those arms and you dropped them down to a measly 14...

On top of that, it only has 7 structure in each of its arms... At least my other Jenner, the Oxide has 19 structure in each of its arms on top of that very low armor, AND it has two CT weapon hard points, so if it loses its arms, at least it can still defend itself...

My Locust-1E (which also can only shoot back with its arms) has 15 armor possible in each arm and it's a 'mech that's 15 tons lighter...

Both my Firestarters still have 24 armor and 24 structure in each of their arms, but they can also still defend themselves if they lose their arms...

My Spider has 30 armor and 10 structure in the arms, but can also still defend itself if it loses its arms...

Just my two cents...

Anyone else feel like it doesn't make much sense, don't care, or do you agree with the change?

Edited by Leidulfr, 16 May 2018 - 09:12 AM.

#2 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

Agreed,
Perhaps they could have opted to adjust the hitboxes to make this mech more survivable, instead???

#3 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:36 AM

It really needed an armour buff of the ct and torsos not armour redistribution..

#4 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

Agreed, I tried running Jenners earlier and they are still un-survivable. The 25T Commando has far more survivability and it's 10T lighter!

Moving armor won't help even if they buff the armor values with quirks-- the mech imo has lost too much mobility and become too big a target with nowhere to take cover (cover for lights is sized for the commando not the Giant Jenner). Hopefully this latest round of changes will highlight this in hard data and get PGI to take a good hard look at these.

I do miss running my Jenners Posted Image

Edited by R5D4, 16 May 2018 - 07:17 PM.

#5 S1man

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

There is some werid things with armor redistribution.
Jenners got -10 arm armor and +6 side torso armor (compare with firestarter values).
Jagermech got -8 arm armor and +6 side torso armor (compare with catapult values).
Stalker got -10 arm armor and + 10 side torso armor which is correct way (compare with battlemaster considering its arms +14 armor quirks).

I doubt if the overall armor debuff via wasting some armor points was even intended.

P. S. Also I think the best way would be direct scaling of armor changes with tonnage regardless of hitboxes in that case. Something like side torso armor increased by 10% of base value with corresponding value subtracted from arms. Would change armor:

Jenner (arm/side) 24/32 -> 21/35 (at the moment 14/38)
Jagermech (arm/side) 40/60 -> 34/66 (at the moment 32/66)
Stalker (arm/side) 56/72 -> 49/79 (at the moment 46/82)

Edited by S1man, 19 May 2018 - 03:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users