Sykscrapers To High?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

I think they are a bit to high. Sure it gives you a feeling of beeing small and that in a Battlemech but I get the feeling that these are all Burj Khalifa size buildings.

I would say make them high with maybe one building dominating the others but stop at a hight where no mech can jump on top of them.

#2 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

I think they are a bit to high. Sure it gives you a feeling of beeing small and that in a Battlemech but I get the feeling that these are all Burj Khalifa size buildings.

I would say make them high with maybe one building dominating the others but stop at a hight where no mech can jump on top of them.

Most mechs are described as being approximately 3 stories tall... so they have a size of an upright truck. 100 story tall building dwarf that like ants.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 16 May 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

I know about the rough sizes of mechs and that an builing like the Burj Khalifa will dwarf a mech. My question comes more from a point of "does it make the world belivable that so many builings are that high.
Sure its the future, they will propably found ways to build buildings like that cheeper but then its battletech. We had a very long periode of technological downfall.

On the other hand I would have to see how a mech in, lets say New York or Hong Kong Iland would look like. Maybe the sizes are good...hard to tell without beeing able to just count the number of floors.

#4 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:08 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 16 May 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I know about the rough sizes of mechs and that an builing like the Burj Khalifa will dwarf a mech. My question comes more from a point of "does it make the world belivable that so many builings are that high.
Sure its the future, they will propably found ways to build buildings like that cheeper but then its battletech. We had a very long periode of technological downfall.

On the other hand I would have to see how a mech in, lets say New York or Hong Kong Iland would look like. Maybe the sizes are good...hard to tell without beeing able to just count the number of floors.

Pretty sure downtown manhattan would have a similar scale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users