My Impression

8 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

Sadly I haven't found a match to play on it so just my impressions from testing grounds.

I like the layout and that you have an inner and outer city part. Skyscrapers are a bit to tall but I could live with that.

The neon signs give it a bit of a Las Vegas feel that is very nice and I like how there is an echo of your weapons beeing fired.

Little nitpick is that the city feels a bit to much "level" like. Not very lived in but then....I doubt that anyone will notice that during a battle.

I heard lots of folks have problems with the performance...didn't had that problem but then its only testing grounds.
Hope you improve on that, I realy like the map from the general layout and look.

#2 A Baoa Qu

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Yeah the fps drops down to 30 on my end, but that is still playable for me as I've never even played above 60 framerates. Still, PGI said that performance improvements on the map are a prority.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Framerates start at 17 for me, and drop from there... Fortunately missiles are rare here, so I don't have to worry about them messing with the framerate too much. (though RACs still tank it like crazy)

#4 Poor-Life-Choices

• PipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • Chu-sa
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

It’s nice that it limits LRMs. So far I’ve list 6 out of 7 matches, so it’s not been as fun. The real kicker was the ACH SRMs up the wazoo. It’s can alpha strike kill anyone. On this map sneaking up is easy. I basically quit Solaris for the same reason. If this becomes a trend I’ll be done with MWO.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:19 AM

Had a chance to play it now and framerates are about 49 with some lows at 40. Its slower then the 50-70 I have on other maps but playable. Hope they can optimise it to run similar to the other maps.

#6 SouthernCrossAu

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:38 AM

Love the New Map..

#7 Johnw007

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

Its an ugly amine map. Sorry, just don't like the design direction on this map.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

A what map?

#9 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

love the new map, 5 year old pc and map plays just fine.
Turn off the FPS display and just play. I've been having a blast since turning it off.

Also heard some complaints from 1 to 2 people per solaris map, but some of them are same people.
Also last night 2 guys whined bout getting under 200 fps for 2 minutes and a 3rd player told them something like; shut the "hockeypuck" up... Later on had another solaris map and I think with 1 of the same guys because he was again talking about how bad the map is because he's under 200 fps but no one was joining in his whine-fest.

So maybe try turning off the FPS display and just play to see if its good + fun?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users