2 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson Youngblood

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

Wow! Just Wow!

First... I know PGI says it's working hard to fix problems people are having, but, I run an FX 8350 and I'm not having problems. That was an OK Processor in 2011 or 2012 I think... Just OK. Back then. I got a big boost in smoothness, processor temperatures in game, FPS, and overall performance when my friend showed me how to adjust my config files to make all 8 of my cores share the load. I'll try to link to those forum posts or interweb locations in an edit.

Spreading the load by telling which cores are responsible for which tasks will optimize any processor for this game... I'll also try to post later my specific config file for the FX 8350, but others might need to change things for other 8 core processors and definitely would need a different file for 4 or 16 or other core processors.

That aside... The map is AMAZING!!! So many options.. so much freedom (even sometimes in such confined spaces)... So many corners... and layers... It's rich! My first match, I jumped in my MRM Quickdraw to a ledge at almost max jump range from the highway and then walked that ledge all the way around the building to be right in the middle of the enemy and put up a UAV...

Mission successful on sneaky infiltration, but then i messed up and fell... I don't know how, but a lance of friendlies appeared as if from nowhere to help me shoot the enemy assaults in the back... It was an insta-ambush brawl... the fight was going on all around this building and in the intersections and the confusion to the enemy side was obvious as the battle raged all around them and they had no where to face that their backs wouldn't be hit by something. I think even the LRM guy got to pitch in.

Later I checked out the map in Training Grounds and I found an amazing sniping perch for something like a PPC shadowcat. The designer even put ridges so the sniper could "feel" when he was close to the edge... But, so people on the ground aren't helpless, i think, the designer also put this light that floats around the perch so as to help people see the sniper to shoot back or at least to draw attention to the spot.

It seems like a very well thought out map with opportunities for all types of mechs. Great firing lanes. and lots of places for very complex and fast paced battles.

#2 SouthernCrossAu

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:39 AM

Love the New Map! I Give us More!

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

What is that CPU setup you are talking about?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users