Map Layout

1 reply to this topic

#1 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:02 AM

The matches that i played so far are ok. Nothing pro or contra gameplay wise.

BUT, this map doesn't look like a real city. I understand that you need to make a map playable, but you missed the point of making a city map.

1. The roads on the upper level have to much ramps. Not every assault has to go up there everywhere. It is fine if there are a few main areas, where the traffic is directed on the upper level.
2. No underground parts. No tunnels trough buildings. That is what saves living space above the surface. You could have made small ways that are not ment to be roads but big enough for some lights like a commando or locust to be used. Imo only jump jet mechs can use shortcuts.
3. Buildings have no interrior. The ground floor of some buildings could be an opportunity to make a accesable interior space. Accessable means, if you break through the outside wall that is mostly out of glas. This could be used as shortcuts for smaller mechs too.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

I agree that the map, while its nice to play on, dosn't feel like a city people life in. I see it as another gigantic arena and I think it could make a good 12/24 free for all map.

Its kinda like Rubi...greate to play in but not realistic.

Edited by Nesutizale, 16 May 2018 - 02:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users