Bugs / Problems With A Pre-Existing Loadout.

Bugs Problems Loadout

3 replies to this topic

#1 Darius Cole

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

I was greeted today with an odd message when I went to check-out the latest build. - a Stalker config that has *always* worked is now shown as having an "Invalid" Loadout.

Posted Image

I wasn't aware of any loadout changes per the last release notes....or am I *that* slow on the up-take?

*Any* insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

#2 Darius Cole

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:43 AM

Now, after going in and stripping this mech, it appears that it was all down to the *original* STD Engine 280 - I stripped this mech bare, and the error went away when I got down to the engine.

Very odd.

#3 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:18 AM

Try completely removing your arm and side torso armor and re-adding it.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:49 AM

Which stalker is that? Some of the stalkers and other mechs appear to be bugged, in that one can not exist X amount of armor on certain locations. For the Stalker tis the R/L Side torso.

From the patch notes.

Structure / Max - Armor Redistribution:

The following 'Mechs have had some of their Arm Structure and Max Armor Points re-distributed from their Arm Locations into their Torso locations:

Jenner
Jenner IIC
Cicada
Jagermech
Stalker
All 'Mechs in a player's inventory affected by this change will have their armor re-set to the stock values.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR 'MECHS BEFORE YOU DROP!

In the event that the stock values would render the 'Mech over tonnage, the 'Mech would be flagged as an invalid build. Both of these can be manually re-adjusted in the 'Mechlab.

Structure / Max Armor Redistribution Design Notes:

All 'Mechwarrior games have attempted to honor as many of the core mechanics found in the very descriptive Battletech Universe as possible. But sometimes these mechanics do not translate well into the First Person Simulation setting. Among those mechanics are the core structure/armor distribution rules and how that relates to the 'Mech art. In Battletech, there is never a distinction between individual body locations and the art that represents them. Within those game environments, the chance to hit an arm location is always equal, regardless of how the art depicts the 'Mechs. And as such you are just as likely to hit the arms on a Jenner as you are the arms of a Mandrill. This is something that simply does not translate one-to-one into a 3D Shooter environment. As such, many 'Mechs depicted in the Battletech universe as having very short and stubby arms often, as a result, see overall larger torso geometry, as well as having hit locations with a pool of health much greater then they need to before they often find their torso's being destroyed within the context of MechWarrior Online. So while a Jenner in the Table Top game may see 28% of hits go to arm locations, while 47% go to torsos, In our game, this could be skewed as only 20% of hits go to the arms, and 55% of hits go to the torsos when accounting for the physical shots against the 'Mech model's art.

We want to see an improvement to this to assist those 'Mechs that often do see their art come with very stubby appendages that often leads to more prominent torso locations while staying true to the overall structure and armor distributions depicted within the Battletech Lore. In the 'Mechs above, we are shifting a number of their base arm structure points from the arms and into torso locations and with it, their total available "Max armor." For this initial roll-out, we are only going to alter five 'Mechs across all weight classes that have seen smaller arms result in larger torso locations. Each of them has had their structure and armor re-distributed in a way that best compliments the needs of the physical 'Mech geometry while maintaining the same overall health pool. We will be monitoring this change closely and will consider other 'Mechs getting a similar treatment to them in a future patch depending on the impact of this change on the targeted chassis'.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 May 2018 - 05:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users