How To Get More Players Into Solaris 7 (Please Notice This Pgi)

12 replies to this topic

#1 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:29 AM

I posted this in topic about wait times, but I believe this deserves its own topic so maybe PGI will notice this and take it into consideration - please try this Devs.

I love Solaris, I mostly play Division 2 (some of you know my red, one eyed Atlas), but those new wait times are bad imo.
We need more players to try out Solaris, not the longer wait times.

This is my idea how to buff player numbers with two ways at once (firstly by encouraging /funneling players to one division a day, than by encouraging more players over all):

Make events that last one day, that are dedicated for a Division. Seven days, Seven divisions. Each day event for a different Division in a perpetual cycle.
Give positive justification for funneling the players.

Each Division event should have requirements matched to usuall numbers you see in that Division, that should be doable in about 10 matches for an average player.

Example event for Division 2 :

Get 1 win - Get a Solaris supply cache and solaris logo decal (most of us have it so it's not that great of a value but for someone who just starts it's something fun)
Get 3 wins - Get a Solaris supply cache, a sponsor decal and 100 MC

Get 3 loses (with minimum 100 damage done) - 1.000.000 C-bills (this part of event should hopefully motiveate starting players to go on)
Get 5 loses (with minimum 100 damage done) - 50 MC

Get 1000 damage - 1.000 GXP, 1.000 ACC
Get 2000 damage - 2.000 GXP, 2.000 ACC
Get 3000 damage - 3.000 GXP, 3.000 ACC

Get 5 component destroyed - 500.000 C-bills
Get 8 component destroyed - 1.000.000 C-bills
Get 10 component destroyed - 2.000.000 C-bills

Get 8 out of those 10 above - You are rewarded with a Mechbay

If you (PGI) think the prizes are to easly achivable this could be changed with the Mechbay prize for example changed so you need to work for it every day of the different Divisions events to get it after completing 35 of earlier goals.

Edited by Garran Tana, 17 May 2018 - 06:16 AM.

#2 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

Just no matter what you do, dont make us wait 3 minutes.

May i use your thread for one of my recommendations? If you dont like it write me and i ll delete my post.

I wrote in another thread you could let start the divisions at different times. Div. 1 at 00:00, Div 2 30 seconds later and so on. Then there would not be that crazy waiting time in all of the divisions.

And give us a rematch button that of course both players would have to push, if there was a close match we could skip the waiting time and fight the same opponent again.

Edited by Uakari, 17 May 2018 - 05:50 AM.

#3 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

Here is what I would do to make Solaris fun and get more people playing it.

Its to bad Solaris was not done right like the old Solaris leagues were you only had 4 divisions
Assaults Vs Assaults
Heavies Vs Heavies
Mediums Vs Mediums
Lights Vs Lights

Then you could take any mech you owned in your mechlab into battle in each division with any loadout it was simple and fun game play. If you won great if you lost owe well build a better loadout or switch mechs.
The other Solaris League was a stock only league set up the same way but stock mecks only.

This is very simple to do for PGI to make it more player friendly for all players in MWO plus all your mechs are usable not just a few select ones.

Edited by GBxGhostRyder, 17 May 2018 - 06:09 AM.

#4 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:39 AM

I d also love a game mode where you have to take stock mechs that are randomly chosen, and every player should have to play the same mech of course.
So everybody would have the 100 % same mech.

#5 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

How about a Solaris event, like PGI does for FP from time to time?

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostGarran Tana, on 17 May 2018 - 05:29 AM, said:

Get 3 loses (with minimum 100 damage done) - 1.000.000 C-bills (this part of event should hopefully motiveate starting players to go on)
Get 5 loses (with minimum 100 damage done) - 50 MC

I don't think folks should get rewarded for losing.

#7 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

What ever reward it wont get me back into Solaris. Interesting gameplay and good fights is what i’m after, neither i can find in Solaris atm.

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

There is absolutely nothing to get me playing a one on one pvp shooter.
I'm already only playing this all too shooterish game because it got the lable Battletech (not that it has to do much with Battletech besides some looks and familiar sounding phrasings) and because I can play and talk with some ppl also liking Battletech...why would I wan't to play it alone when I do not even get a story line, KI and everything else a modern game should minimaly have ?

#9 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Just allow us to queue for multiple divisions, and when it finds a match, it tells us what division we're playing. If I can be in 3-4 queues at once, I'll probably find a match much faster.

#10 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

Fixing match making would help In one way or another but if they made bolton cost accolades people would grind for them. I dont see people grinding for loot boxes when all they want is an ax for a atlas they will never get.

Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 17 May 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#11 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 17 May 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

I don't think folks should get rewarded for losing.

They should absolutely! If you are new and start losing quick, you can get discouraged easily, especially to something new. But if you know that even loosing will be a step in the right direction it's easier to accept it, it's less stresfull and the overall experience is better. It's a reward for putting up a fight.

Edited by Garran Tana, 17 May 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

Don't make it -> 3 loses with 100 damage = Cbills.
Make it simply 3 games with 100 damage = Cbills.

Its not rewarding you loosing but that you archived something. We also have this kind of events allready so people are used to it.

It can still incurage new people to work toward that goal but without the negative "you Sir are a looser, here have a consolation prize."

#13 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostGarran Tana, on 17 May 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

They should absolutely! If you are new and start losing quick, you can get discouraged easily, especially to something new. But if you know that even loosing will be a step in the right direction it's easier to accept it, it's less stresfull and the overall experience is better. It's a reward for putting up a fight.

Most certainly not. Losíng is not a challenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users