Comon Clan Op Rigt?!

41 replies to this topic

#1 Jubblator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

I mean comon why is there no clan in queue, its like dissapoint, comon clan op right? Come out and plau!

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

If clam op, switch over and show everyone how op it is :)

#3 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

Currently most players are IS side. Its insta drops for clans but hard as hell to round up 12 people to fill queue. Is what it is.

#4 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

View Postccrider, on 17 May 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Currently most players are IS side.

I wonder why that is. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the strength of IS tech atm.

#5 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 18 May 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

I wonder why that is. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the strength of IS tech atm.
in my opinion, it's the perceived strength of MRM boats and dual heavy gauss, but I find MRM boats to spread too much and goose waffles are boring. I'll take dog fighting in SRM linebackers any day. Plus my Blood Asp is super fun.

Edited by ccrider, 18 May 2018 - 09:14 AM.

#6 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Not specifically strength, but IS has far more build diversity which equals a tad more fun than being pigeon holed into vom or brawl (for most, I've taken a liking again to gauss/ers)

#7 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

Play in NA prime time then? You'll get IS drops 24/7.

#8 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostDouble Trouble, on 18 May 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Play in NA prime time then? You'll get IS drops 24/7.

The drops were there in the afternoon for the IS (think I did 3 solo before 5 pm central), but not in the evening last night. Tried off and on for 45 minutes solo and then again as part of a 12 man for 30 minutes before we gave up because we never got a lobby. This was around 9:00-10:30 pm central time, which usually is a fairly active time. I just want to shoot stompy robots, will try switching to clan tonight.

Edited by Elad, 18 May 2018 - 02:19 PM.

#9 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

View PostElad, on 18 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

The drops were there in the afternoon for the IS (think I did 3 solo before 5 pm central), but not in the evening last night. Tried off and on for 45 minutes solo and then again as part of a 12 man for 30 minutes before we gave up because we never got a lobby. This was around 9:00-10:30 pm central time, which usually is a fairly active time. I just want to shoot stompy robots, will try switching to clan tonight.

We're doing drops on clan side for 3 hours at least and we get matches all the time, we actually have to wait for IS group to make up. It's weird you had to wait 30 minutes for a lobby tho.

Edited by Double Trouble, 18 May 2018 - 02:43 PM.

#10 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

View Postccrider, on 18 May 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

goose waffles are boring. I'll take dog fighting in SRM linebackers any day. Plus my Blood Asp is super fun.

My attitude exactly, but the fact is a lot of people are only entertained when winning, challenge and fair play be damned. For them the heavy cheese rifle, the newly buffed LRM and ATM (arguably balanced by range but for the sake of argument) will only get boring when they are nerfed. So they run Annis, Sleipnirs and laser-vomiting Black Knights with no ghost heat and only see the problem when their opponents vote with their feet (big surprise). I blame the millennial generation of participation trophies and guaranteed satisfaction, but the truth is they go for whatever faction rules at the moment (remember previous versions in CW when big units signed up for the same faction within a few hours), and right now that happens to be the Inner Sphere. But why?

Well, probably for the same reason that the Inner Sphere has single shell AC and the Clans have sandblasting Ultras and no equivalent to the heavy cheese rifle whatsoever (the timeline window has been oh-so-conveniently cut off before the introduction of hyper-assault gauss rifles that are likewise sandblasting). It has been made crystal clear where PGI sympathy lies, so I say that the current state of FW has been long time coming and should not surprise anyone. After the FW faction wipe I could not bother to select my faction again, even for the picture at the forum.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Strength of IS tech. Now that's a laugh. Don't you mean quirks? Posted Image

Anyone decent in this game knows tech-wise, Clans have the edge. Hell, just the fact IS still requires higher tonnage crutch in FP should tell you that balance is still off.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 May 2018 - 11:30 PM.

#12 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Guys, stop this wrong conclusions, i am sick of it.

Its like: Oh, today i drank the wrong coffee, because thats i am bad in shooting mechs.

Waiting times is not which side is op is not proof for some better tech is not right conclusion fp balance is not affected by BT release is not....and so on and so on...

Stop your faulty thinking if you cant use logical factors to get a nearly right conclusion at least.

If you really want to analyze the "which side is OP & population topic" you have to investigate at least 1000 factors to come near to something like a result.

Lets start with:

- What genre and who is interested
- Age of participants + RL activity (jobs, family...)
- What is going on in different countries (holidays, crisis, war)
- What other games can attract MWO clientel
- Latest faults PGI caused
- Which time of the year (Summer is always less players)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
That was only the beginning of thinking.

So could you please be that kind to stop this 1-dimensional-thinking deep within the box, not outside?!

Its like to talk to Real Life humans, nowadays everyone has a strong opinion, but 90 % are just stupid and egoistic in their thinking and they confound personal interests/wishes with neutral analysis.

Its the same here, most of you are hiding your personal & egoistic interest behind an "analysis" of how PGI should be.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

It sure didnt hurt that PGI reset all Factions, sending everyone to being unaligned mercs and removing the penalties for loyalist "desertion", allowing players to make a change at the drop of a hat, especially for the newer and returning players farming mechbays.

#14 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 May 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

Hell, just the fact IS still requires higher tonnage crutch in FP should tell you that balance is still off.

Require? Sounds like you think PGI knows what they are doing. Posted Image

#15 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:31 AM

And everything to do with a majority of Clan FW players are playing peek a boo like they do in QP while in CW.

Soon as they learn that we are not going to let you use your crutch the better off they will be.

#16 Mechi Messer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

I don't get it. Clanmechs are quite fun. Gausvomit works, laservomit works. Erll works. Even dakka does the trick. I'm enjoying Clan right now.

#17 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

Too many Clan pugs are now playing how the worst of IS pugs do.. lrm/atm boats for 3 waves. They plan to farm damage from the a safe distance, but just end up getting punched in the face by IS HG/brawl (and then whine about it). I feel for the quality teams/players dropping Clanside who are having to deal with carrying the sure number of these guys I am seeing....it has to be a heavy burden.

#18 I Am Errer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTaking the fight to SkyNIETA

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 May 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

Strength of IS tech. Now that's a laugh. Don't you mean quirks? Posted Image

Anyone decent in this game knows tech-wise, Clans have the edge. Hell, just the fact IS still requires higher tonnage crutch in FP should tell you that balance is still off.

It is evident that you, my friend, have yet to witness the might of rotary auto-cannons. Off to the salt mines!

#19 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 30 May 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Too many Clan pugs are now playing how the worst of IS pugs do.. lrm/atm boats for 3 waves. They plan to farm damage from the a safe distance, but just end up getting punched in the face by IS HG/brawl (and then whine about it). I feel for the quality teams/players dropping Clanside who are having to deal with carrying the sure number of these guys I am seeing....it has to be a heavy burden.

Or they play against IS teams who just use ranged trading from cover, and laugh as the LRM's impact harmlessly on said cover. I've seen clanners take LRM boats to things like Grim Portico defense... that's just a straight up failure to understand how the game works.

#20 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

Clan pugs aren't that bad. I've managed to herd a win here and there against full 12 mans but it certainly isn't easy. You need to calmly explain every aspect of each mode, use the tools you are given and be super flexible so you can exploit errors using the least amount of of useful robots. But you get to learn some new tricks and it keeps the game fresh. As long as your win-loss rate tanking doesn't bother you. :)

Edited by ccrider, 30 May 2018 - 08:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users