53 replies to this topic

#21 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:29 PM.

#22 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:47 AM

whimper whimper whine whine...the big bad mean assault isn't just running into the open and making itself vulnerable to my speed game? OH THE HORROR

#23 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:07 AM

Met one light guy, who three times harassed me poor hunchie, he never stopped for more than one shot... took forever to hurt me. One time I killed him and the other two went on a tie, but not because I didn't want to fight.

The funniest tie I had was the one, when one guy destroyed all my weapons and started toying with me around, till he run out of ammo :D

#24 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Thing is, a draw and a loss both lower your SSR. So I personally see no reason to go and hide if you have no weapons left. Instead one should quickly die and get into another match instead of wasting 10 minutes. ~~~

It will lower theirs to, not that I think that really mattes to anyone. . . Besides they don't have to chase me down they have option to quit the match and agree to my victory Posted Image

"Your arms off!"
"It's only a flesh wound!"
"what are you going to do bleed on me?"
"I'll have your legs!"
Wack
"Alright call it a draw!"

But Bandito if I ever play you I promise not to do it to you Posted Image You other boys core me if you can . . . Posted Image

Edited by Popcat, 03 June 2018 - 06:42 PM.

#25 luap

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

How about if one player has destroyed the others weapons, on time out that player should win.

#26 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

If a player isn't capable to win the match (no wepaons/ammo) but the other player still has weapons he can use he should be automaticly be declared winner. There is no point in dragin things out or even a tie.

Its like a boxer that is k.o. but still gets a tie.

#27 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:58 PM

But the boxers not knocked out. That's the problem, just because you took his gloves off why do you deserve to win and not tie? The warrior has the choice to disarm or core. If they choose to disarm rather than core but then can't catch their victim I don't really think that makes them better. In a boxing match a person has so much time to defeat their opponent if they fail they loose or tie. Seems appropriate.

Also really this by far has never been the majority of matches. It's an outlier at best.

My goal is to make you loose as much as make me win. Don't really find this to be an issue in Solaris. You can forfeit the match. Now QP where it has no effort towards hurting your opponent yeah its just silly. But in a duel for popularity and sponsors etc. . .it has a place.

#28 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Why all the complex thoughts?

Solaris is not that hard to understand...

1 rule:

you win by destroying your opponent within 10 min.

If you cant destroy your opponent you don't deserve the win either.

#29 luap

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

View PostPopcat, on 03 June 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

But the boxers not knocked out. That's the problem, just because you took his gloves off why do you deserve to win and not tie? The warrior has the choice to disarm or core. If they choose to disarm rather than core but then can't catch their victim I don't really think that makes them better. In a boxing match a person has so much time to defeat their opponent if they fail they loose or tie. Seems appropriate.

Also really this by far has never been the majority of matches. It's an outlier at best.

My goal is to make you loose as much as make me win. Don't really find this to be an issue in Solaris. You can forfeit the match. Now QP where it has no effort towards hurting your opponent yeah its just silly. But in a duel for popularity and sponsors etc. . .it has a place.

In boxing it would go to the judges...and in the case of the person who has been disarmed they would lose.

#30 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Dirty ol B your so right.

Luap I actually didn't know so I went to the Regulatory guidelines for boxing. Ill fitting gloves are replaced and the match continues. They don't just win. core or leg your opponent or loose.

#31 luap

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

View PostPopcat, on 05 June 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

Dirty ol B your so right.

Luap I actually didn't know so I went to the Regulatory guidelines for boxing. Ill fitting gloves are replaced and the match continues. They don't just win. core or leg your opponent or loose.

I was comparing being disarmed to a t.k.o. or scoring more points, not taking gloves off.

Edited by luap, 05 June 2018 - 08:04 PM.

#32 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

I see your point. In boxing you score points by knocking your opponent to the ground so I respond with the question is your opponent on the ground?

#33 luap

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

View PostPopcat, on 06 June 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I see your point. In boxing you score points by knocking your opponent to the ground so I respond with the question is your opponent on the ground?

I see being disarmed as the same as a tko in boxing

#34 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:05 AM

The point is the other guy can't win as we don't have ramming, DFA or other means of defeating your oponent without weapons. Also the negative outcome is so marginal that you don't even hurt the other guy with a tie. It comes all down to you wasting time for the other player without archiveing anything. Not for you, not for the other player....just a waste of time.

If a tie would mean something, have a real consequenz ok, then go for it but as its now....no just end the match right there.

#35 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

think a big part of the annoying behavior is also time;

10minutes is just way too much. that pesky light with 1-2 large lasers poking from 500+mtrs every 20 seconds, then cooling down?
just not possible to do if the game is say 3 minutes.

PGI says that it's fine for my brawly heavy/assault to get matched up against a locust or piranha.
so..
given the rules allow it, I can't blame the cheesers to abuse that. but why do I in my brawler, who
has no hope of catching the little pest, have to not only lose the match, but 10 minutes of my life (because our little pest doesn't bring the weapons and/or 'naturally grown equipment' to do it in under that)?*

it's the rules that pgi did not! set that allow for bad matchups and bad behavior.
while I consider 'hiding it out' to be as trollish and POOR as can, it's the ruleset
that's to blame. and the dev.guys who think it's fine.

*oh, and spare me your 'well then do the metacheese too'-stuff. that's what brought us here in the first place.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 07 June 2018 - 07:14 AM.

#36 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:16 AM

I haven't taken a look at match times maybe 3 might be a bit short but I agree that the matches should be shorter.

#37 Storm of the Truth

• Pip
  • The Moon
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:14 AM

thats pgi doesnt know how to make a good game, just collects money - has trouble even there ; short timed upkeeping of a game.
if it wasnt so unique. where is the REAL mechwarrior? I dont get it! the game is producing serious bad dust for the players.

having short range and waiting for the rabbit is usually a good tactical finessis. if it would just work in those easy places, with no possibility to play tactical - you are just naked!

#38 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Give both players max SSR loss on a draw, of at least a flat 10 or 20.

There should be 0 benefit to forcing a draw. It should be less appealing than a loss, or at least just as bad.

Forcing a draw against anyone you're not sure you can beat and only playing the matches that favor you is an absolute **** mechanic.

#39 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:10 AM

I think there should be a circle that gets smaller in diameter as time passes by like in PUBG.
Thats ******** when weak people try to force a draw and steal the win from his opponent.

#40 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 May 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Whats up with people lately that just stand in their corner, with an assault while you are in a heavy mech and wait the entire time there and then call you an ******* for not walking in their fireing line or people who don't have any weapons left and then hide in the arena for a tie to happen???

Seriously you are just stealing time. Is that +1 you might get from that match so much worth for you?

Best way to win at Sh*tlaris is to not play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users