Solaris MWO Que Time

12 replies to this topic

#1 Sustained Eye Contact

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

I've decided to make this post in response to the Solaris que timer being increased from 1 minute to 2 minutes. Personally I feel like this change is absolutely absurd and doesn't contribute towards making Solaris attractive as a gamemode. As someone who has put significant time into this game, having to sacrifice 120 seconds of my life for a single drop when someone is already in que is highly off putting, even 60 seconds is too much in my opinion. Either removing the timer or reducing it to 10 seconds is my recommendation for PGI. Respect your players finite time on this Earth, don't make them wait unnessesary time and justify the change by increasing the ELO earned per drop. I love Mechwarrior Online, and I was extremely excited about Solaris being introduced, but until the timer is reduced or removed, I will not be sacrificing my precious time in that gamemode anymore. The concept is appropriate, the execution needs to be refined.

Feedback from PGI and players is greatly appreciated.
Good hunting.

#2 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:21 AM

Its 3 minutes not 2... and if you have high elo you get a rollover if nobody in your elo bracket to get to the priority queue woo...

Edited by Lurm God, 20 May 2018 - 04:23 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

I understand the increased time in the way that they might have hoped that with the longer waittimes better matches would happen but I still get some quite missmatched matches anyway.

I would prefere a faster matchmaking even if that means that I don't get a perfect match...which I don't get even with the time increase.
Again its MWOs usual problem of to few people.

But there where a bunch of new players lately, filling up the que with 13 people! Thats 13x times more then usual ^_^
I hope at least some of them stay and don't get to discurraged...most of them where using XL and LRM in S7. Not the best idea. Sadly most of them logged out before I could give them some tips.

#4 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

well right now i d love to play some solaris matches. my new pc is not working atm but solaris is working on my old one (only 2 mechs to handle graphic wise and small maps). but i really hesitate because of that timer.

#5 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:39 AM

could not resist, played 4 or 5 games. had some good ones, got ripped apart by some ac2 builds but thats ok.
then i was the odd player number, would have had to wait 6 minutes for a game, logged out of mwo and am back to reading decision at thunder rift now.

Drop that to 2 min at least or do like i proposed, let the divsions start at different times.
So if you are an odd number you can just jump to a different division, no problem.

#6 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:04 AM

The three minute wait time is temporary while the dev team collects web cam video of all of us waiting.

#7 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

I think 2 minutes would be a happy medium

#8 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

I think we should lower the time to 10 seconds

#9 MrRipper707

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

I could not agree more. Cant wait to finish the event and toss this game mode in the dumpster. I dont want to wait. I dont care. Que me asap dont make me wait. FFS, if you cant find someone to que me with within 10 seconds just give me credit for the event stuff. I dont care about my solaris rank you can throw me to the bottom. This is super ******* lame. Its so ******. I ******* hate it. It makes me angry. I spend more time in que than i do in game. I wish i had never even tried to start the event.

Edited by MrRipper707, 19 April 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#10 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Bump for one minute.

#11 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:13 AM

lol @ necro thread

#12 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

Point still stands? I don't know what they thought they would achieve with the 2 min timer, noob vs good games still happen all the time.

#13 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostMrRipper707, on 19 April 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I could not agree more. Cant wait to finish the event and toss this game mode in the dumpster. I dont want to wait. I dont care. Que me asap dont make me wait. FFS, if you cant find someone to que me with within 10 seconds just give me credit for the event stuff. I dont care about my solaris rank you can throw me to the bottom. This is super ******* lame. Its so ******. I ******* hate it. It makes me angry. I spend more time in que than i do in game. I wish i had never even tried to start the event.

Then don't? You can go back to your NASCAR pug hug matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users