Returning For Solaris 7. Delighted And Frustrated Both.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

So I returned to MWO this week having a few goes at Solaris 7. If I can actually get match ups it is an all around fun affair. I like what little pre recorded commentary there is. I like that I can vote against my most hated maps pre match.

So far I had only one instance that made me wonder wha logic is behind divisions because it pitted my sluggish Catapult agains seom small fast light mech that just ran circles around me and killed me legs. But then again I returned the favor in a rematch by legging him just back from a distance.

Also wreaking havoc in an 2x UAC 20 CPT-K2 is fun in and out of itself. If the ******* guns don't jam.

Since the mechs are so prominently displayed at match start I just noticed that we have far too litle good camo Patterns to do good looking work with decals. Like some simple racing stripes or stuff like that to put Sponsor decals or other stuff on. We also ned mor decals. Basically I would love to see possibilities for custom patterns and decals. Just work how how to do Moderation of those cost effectively.

My big griupe with Solaris 7 is though, that we seem to have a severe lack of Players and too huge wait times. It is one Thing waiting 3 miutes for a 10 to 15 Minute match in regular play. But waiting 3 minutes for a match that on average Ends after 90 seconds is lobsided af.

But maybe I am just spoiled by being able to insta drop again if I die in PUBG.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:21 PM

Jason Parker' said:

No, you are correct. The 3 minute wait time is to long and S7 has a severe lack of players.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

View PostChrithu, on 20 May 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

My big griupe with Solaris 7 is though, that we seem to have a severe lack of Players and too huge wait times. It is one Thing waiting 3 miutes for a 10 to 15 Minute match in regular play. But waiting 3 minutes for a match that on average Ends after 90 seconds is lobsided af.

Yeah the 3 minute timer was implemented in the last patch to allow better MM, but I think it has backfired, as it is chasing away more players, without making MM that much better. Revert it back to 1 minute, I say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users