Solaris Needs 1 More Close Range Map

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

So after playing some today I realize why the meta for Div 1 (and other Divisions) for the top players is the 6xAC2 Ani - and its beatable but the experienced/good players have a real advantage due to the map selection process.

The reason the Ani wins is because it hits you as you are closing and they just move in reverse with big armor advantage... and 3 of the maps support this tactic. Only 2 provide enough cover to get closer so SRMs or AC20/LBX10 builds can compete.

BUT You never get to use those 2 maps with an experienced player. You will ALWAYS land on 1 of the 3 long range maps and never get the warehouse or cave map because they can ALWAYS eliminate those 2 maps with their 2 choices. So they always have a map advantage.

SO PGI PLEASE ADD A CITY MAP FOR SOLARIS!! If we get 1 more map without long firing lanes then the 6xAC2 builds will not dominate so much.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE -- I like Solaris a lot but the AC2 meta is getting tiresome. Time to mix it up better. Thanks!

Edited by Gaussfather, 20 May 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

4x UAC10 will always beat a 6x AC2... (400 damage in the time it takes the AC2s to do under 120) More DPS at all ranges you'll encounter in Solaris.

Solaris maps are all built for brawling, we don't need more of them.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 20 May 2018 - 11:10 PM.

#3 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

4 UAC 10 has a tonne of ghost heat and cannot boat enough heatsinks to do anything useful. 5 LBX10 on liao is a pretty good answer to the ac2 anni but 4 uac10 is not going to work unless your opponent is literally drooling on themself.

#4 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Well my humble experience with experimenting with IS & Clan builds on Solaris is that a good pilot/shot with 6AC2 builds is very hard to beat unless you also have similar build or can close without getting pinged to the point you are almost legged or a side torso is almost armor free... because that's what they try to do from long range and they will just perch somewhere and make you come to them.

But it would really help if we had another "city type map" made for fast movers and brawlers. Also, more cover on the steiner and snow map could also help make the game more lively and even for alternative builds that aren't anni boats.

I have a few builds that can beat annis but the armor bonus that annis have is often is the difference in the match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users