Division 2, King Crab...

26 replies to this topic

#1 FlashBack1234

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

I rarely write on forum, but here can't stay silent. Why added kind crab in d2??? That is absolutely out of balance there. WHY???

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

Because the one variant in question was deemed to strong for division 3.

#3 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

If it overperforms just as much in div2 it will get moved to div1 eventually.

#4 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostFlashBack1234, on 21 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

I rarely write on forum, but here can't stay silent. Why added kind crab in d2??? That is absolutely out of balance there. WHY???

Out of balance in what way? It seems to be holding its own, from what I can tell.

#5 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

how about a king crab division, where all the ac2 spam can spam itself into oblivion. i am glad they are out of division 3. but i think solaris should just show up what mechs people are queing up in, so u can pick the same chassi or weight class to que up against them. because same chassi matches are the most thrilling and close matches. everything else is just rock paper scissors. *oh you picked the wrong mech for that opponent* i had too many matches where i could almost tell the outcome by seeing the opponent and its loudout. i dont get all the chancefocused gameplay/matchmaking in mwo. quickplay is the same. this is not how warfare works. you should know the terrain before you drop. and for solaris, the mechs should just be anywhere near each other. whats the point in letting a heavyweight boxer fight a girlscout?!

Edited by d00mchild, 21 May 2018 - 06:13 PM.

#6 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:14 PM

View Postd00mchild, on 21 May 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

i dont get all the chancefocused gameplay/matchmaking in mwo. quickplay is the same. this is not how warfare works.

I get most of your points, but warfare throughout history has usually hinged on chance.

#7 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

6ac boating should be banned in solaris

As someone who pilots a mad dog in div 2solo i find that a 6 ac king crab is the only truly undefeatable mech i face
The only way i can defeat it is if i get to exploit series of mistakes by made by its pilot like poor movement/heat management

If piloted by a someone with skill then the kingkrab is a inpentrable fortress of hurt defeatable only by something than can match its firepower and armor

Or a er med las nova kite :P

Of course you could argue that the king krab can be countered but i feel that goes against the spirit of competition because everybody should be able to compete in the mech they love
Every mech should have a chance to defeat any mech in its division and currently i dont think sunspiders, thanathosses, summoners and such will be defeating ac boat crabs any time soon

Ac boating is just to easy and forgiving to play, i see crabs not even bother with movement standing still even just gunning me down as im forced to close the gap since it has range superiority

Any lighter mech carrying high firepower will be a brawler and as such ac boating is just too advantageous

Edited by aardappelianen, 22 May 2018 - 12:14 AM.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:48 AM

View Postaardappelianen, on 21 May 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

If piloted by a someone with skill then the kingkrab is a inpentrable fortress of hurt defeatable only by something than can match its firepower and armor

I thought Bushwacker hugging will defeat it handily.

#9 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:08 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 May 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

I thought Bushwacker hugging will defeat it handily.

Lol yeah and as i mentioned a ER med boat nova can counter it as well but no bushwackers in div 2:p

My point was more like you either pilot the most meta assault or a hard counter against the most meta assault or its just attrition for most pilots

Ive seen cues go up to 24 ppl in solaris div 2, all "potatoes" in fun builds, good fights for me

In come the crabs/quad lbx kodiaks and boom ques dead you can say what you will but there is a problem with that

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:00 AM

View Postaardappelianen, on 22 May 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

In come the crabs/quad lbx kodiaks and boom ques dead you can say what you will but there is a problem with that

I wonder how the KDK-3 is faring against the Krab.

#11 FlashBack1234

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:08 AM

KDK-3 has weak CT, so king crab smashes it quite well. Marauder IIC has no enough armor to fight it.
Warhammers and other can't fight with crab well too. All time after patch I see 6ac crabs, all noobs took them as it's a really overkill and there is just stupid smashing game. What the reason to do that ? It have to face balistics anigilators, not D2.... It's not a place for it.

Range and armor advantage is terrible....

Edited by FlashBack1234, 22 May 2018 - 06:09 AM.

#12 FlashBack1234

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

I read a lot about solaris is about who is best pilot... So D2 is who is best crab pilot now, hate it, don't want to play D2 anymore, noobs with crabs are everywhere...

#13 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

View PostFlashBack1234, on 22 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

I read a lot about solaris is about who is best pilot...

That only applies if you're in the same mech, with the same build, and have the same ping and framerates.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 22 May 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#14 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

To hit facehugging enemies with the arms on the KGC, twist a bit to the left and fire the right arm, then twist a bit to the right and fire the left arm. Repeat until only one mech is standing.

Of course the AC20 crabs benefit more from this than the DPS crabs.

Edited by Exilyth, 23 May 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#15 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

I think that division 1 ANH with 6 ac5 or DWF with 8 CAC2 could beat this king crab.

#16 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

View PostFlashBack1234, on 22 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

I read a lot about solaris is about who is best pilot... So D2 is who is best crab pilot now, hate it, don't want to play D2 anymore, noobs with crabs are everywhere...

If Bushwhacker or Linebacker brawlers could threaten/kill them there should be a pile of things in D2 that do. It's the fast weapon boat and Clan assault division.

#17 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

Div 2 crabs are ok, but I do like the "noobs with crabs" meme.... It could be hilarious.

Currently, I am not using a King Crab in div 2, but one did beat my main mech at range. Which reminds me that KC were in Div 3 a minute ago. That was nuts, and there are still some there!

#18 FlashBack1234

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

View PostSurn, on 24 May 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

Div 2 crabs are ok, but I do like the "noobs with crabs" meme.... It could be hilarious.

Currently, I am not using a King Crab in div 2, but one did beat my main mech at range. Which reminds me that KC were in Div 3 a minute ago. That was nuts, and there are still some there!

Riding KC in D2 is very nooby. I bought one to check... After arranging skills it has 200 armor on CT and 136 on each side torso...

So, after adding crab to D2 I falled down to 500th place in leaderboard because of crabs, in one evening I got back to 100th place.

Statistics shows that :

KDK-3 with 4xLBX10 - has no chance, no matter on distance
KDK-3 with 4xUAC10 - same, no matter on range
Marauder IIC - absolutely no chance
Marauder - dead till making couple shots even
Highlander - like paper
MLX - no chance
Warhawk - no chance too
Cyclops - easily smashed.
Atlas - in any kind, no chance.

Isn't that no balance condition ? Waiting to meet anigilator to check it to....

So that's why I call that nooby crabs. That is nooby to play it there, even don't need to move, like static turret, standing and firing...

Edited by FlashBack1234, 24 May 2018 - 07:59 AM.

#19 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

I guess the KCrab is going to div 1 and slaughters all those Annis. :D

#20 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

View PostFlashBack1234, on 21 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

Why added kind crab in d2??? That is absolutely out of balance there. WHY???

Proof of concept: monkey & dart board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users