#21 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

View PostMortalcoil, on 23 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

then those must be some ****** ebon jags/hbrs.

Depends on his definition of "straight trade." If he means facing each other with no available cover and only torso twisting as an option, it's at least somewhat believable.

#22 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 23 May 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Depends on his definition of "straight trade." If he means facing each other with no available cover and only torso twisting as an option, it's at least somewhat believable.

So bad clan laser vomit mechs that have decided to fight you out in the open. Hence, RAC's are noob killers.

I just don't want to see RACs ruined like LRM's because muh noobs suck against them.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 23 May 2018 - 11:42 AM.

#23 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

View PostMortalcoil, on 23 May 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

So bad clan laser vomit mechs that have decided to fight you out in the open. Hence, RAC's are noob killers.

I just don't want to see RACs ruined like LRM's because muh noobs suck against them.

Doesn't necessarily mean they've chosen to fight out in the open, there's also the option of advancing into the laser boat's position. That being said... that kind of IS the weakness of laser vom anyway. Regardless, I'd agree in that I'd prefer not to see RACs take a nerf. If they even ARE viable right now, which is a pretty big if, there's not a whole lot keeping them from tumbling back down into uselessness. I do wish RAC2s and 5s didn't have their ghost heat groups linked, though.

#24 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 23 May 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Doesn't necessarily mean they've chosen to fight out in the open, there's also the option of advancing into the laser boat's position. That being said... that kind of IS the weakness of laser vom anyway. Regardless, I'd agree in that I'd prefer not to see RACs take a nerf. If they even ARE viable right now, which is a pretty big if, there's not a whole lot keeping them from tumbling back down into uselessness. I do wish RAC2s and 5s didn't have their ghost heat groups linked, though.

The thought of 2 Rac/5's and 3 RAC/2's on my Annie is getting me stiff as a board.

#25 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostMortalcoil, on 23 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

then those must be some ****** ebon jags/hbrs.

Yes, Racs SEEM OP in quickplay, vs Johnny potato, use in team play or FP against a 12 man of coordinated HBRs/EBJ's? Your gonna get melted.

precisely, hbr and ebj laser vomit is the true definition of op

rac2 is a long way to be seriously viable, right now is just for fun, not only it needed the 33% increased duration of the jam bar, it'd also need a 33% increase of fire rate to be somewhat okay

#26 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostMortalcoil, on 23 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

The thought of 2 Rac/5's and 3 RAC/2's on my Annie is getting me stiff as a board.

And you complain about laser vomit... That would do more damage over the same time, and not stop firing for several more seconds afterwards.

#27 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

And you complain about laser vomit... That would do more damage over the same time, and not stop firing for several more seconds afterwards.

lol, so you're getting on to me about complaining about something that does exist because of something that doesn't exist? Who cares about 5 Racs being overpowered. It doesn't exist! While Clan laser vomit does exist. Seriously, think these things through. I am well aware 5 RACs would probably be OP, that's why I made the joke about it getting me hard.

Also, I didn't complain about laser clan vomit. I simply stated that it was overpowered, which it is. It's a statement of fact and everybody knows it. PGI tried to nerf it and people came out in droves with tears until PGI caved. Hell, they even caved on MCII yaw nerfs, and in all of those posts people still admitted clan laser vomit was overpowered, they just didn't want ghost heat to be the way it was addressed, which I agree with.

I am completely happy using busted clan laser vomit until it is nerfed, and if PGI wants any semblance of balance, it is going to get nerfed, or IS laser vomit buffed.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 23 May 2018 - 04:25 PM.

#28 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

View PostMortalcoil, on 23 May 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I simply stated that it was overpowered, which it is. It's a statement of fact and everybody knows it.

In what way is it overpowered? It keeps coming back to this... Alpha strike damage isn't the only thing there is, and burn time makes it hard to keep all that damage on a single component of most mechs if the enemy isn't a potato. In addition, there are plenty of builds that use solely laser vomit that are not considered OP, yet they would be hit way harder than the ones that are the "problem".

Now that you've successfully pulled the topic off of RACs and on to your personal vendetta against Clan laser vomit for a short while, would you mind getting back to the general vicinity of RAC discussions?

#29 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

In what way is it overpowered? It keeps coming back to this... Alpha strike damage isn't the only thing there is, and burn time makes it hard to keep all that damage on a single component of most mechs if the enemy isn't a potato. In addition, there are plenty of builds that use solely laser vomit that are not considered OP, yet they would be hit way harder than the ones that are the "problem".

Now that you've successfully pulled the topic off of RACs and on to your personal vendetta against Clan laser vomit for a short while, would you mind getting back to the general vicinity of RAC discussions?

What? You were the one who derailed the comments... I simply said that Clan laser vomit was the counter to RACs...

and as I said before... I was against the freaking ghost heat nerf. Jeeze man.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 23 May 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#30 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 30 May 2018 - 09:51 AM.
nonconstructive

#31 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

[redacted]

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 30 May 2018 - 09:50 AM.
insults

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users