Solaris Map Event

7 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn JorgenssonX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:40 AM

Look, if you are going to have a map as part of an event you have to make the map at least show up in the map selection every time. I have gone 5 games in a row and didn't even have it as an option. Not all of us have 8 hours a day to sink into video games...

#2 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

It took me 2 marathon days of game play to get this Challenge completed. This map does not come up too often.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:24 AM

Hi there... I may have finished the "Solaris City Quick Play Event" within its' early hours, but I think the Map Frequency should be increased on Map-Specific Events. Other people won't always be as lucky as me, and I also won't always get this lucky. :huh:

~D. V. "Yup, I also think that Map Frequency NEEDS an increase..." Devnull

#4 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

Had the same problem but after I finished, it appears every 2nd game.

Edited by Quandoo, 30 May 2018 - 10:23 AM.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 30 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Had the same problem but after I finished, it appears every 2nd game.

Has not been the case for me. Back when I finished during the early hours of the Event, it was plentiful then. But since that, it's gotten more and more distant for me, which makes it hard to actually gain experience about how the map can be played. PGI definitely needs to turn up the Frequency during Map-Specific Events. :(

~D. V. "I got the reverse curve here..." Devnull

#6 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

I so wish, that another challenge like this would happen soon.

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 30 May 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

I so wish, that another challenge like this would happen soon.

If another Map-Specific Event does happen, the Map Frequency needs to be increased severely for any Map that has to be played on for the Map-Specific Event. It is simply wrong to ask people to play on a particular Map, and then not make it reasonably possible to reach it with some semi-regularity. Frankly, I hate to think of all the people who are going to fail the "Solaris City Quick Play Map Challenge" simply because its' frequency was NOT increased (at least as far as I know... I tried to contact Matt Newman directly about the issue, but never heard back). There were people actively voting away from the 'Solaris City' Map because they didn't like it and/or weren't trying to do the Event (one of which I was not), so chances to play were being stolen from those who were honestly trying to finish that Event Challenge Set. :(

~Mr. D. V. "In order to do a Map-Specific Event, certain adjustments for it must not be avoided." Devnull

#8 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 May 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

If another Map-Specific Event does happen, the Map Frequency needs to be increased severely for any Map that has to be played on for the Map-Specific Event. It is simply wrong to ask people to play on a particular Map, and then not make it reasonably possible to reach it with some semi-regularity. Frankly, I hate to think of all the people who are going to fail the "Solaris City Quick Play Map Challenge" simply because its' frequency was NOT increased (at least as far as I know... I tried to contact Matt Newman directly about the issue, but never heard back). There were people actively voting away from the 'Solaris City' Map because they didn't like it and/or weren't trying to do the Event (one of which I was not), so chances to play were being stolen from those who were honestly trying to finish that Event Challenge Set. :(

~Mr. D. V. "In order to do a Map-Specific Event, certain adjustments for it must not be avoided." Devnull

True if and when we have a map based challenge the map or maps involved need to be increased in frequency or those not involved decreased. I suggest using all of the urban maps next time

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 31 May 2018 - 06:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users