Some Unusable Nodes Locked, Some Not

Skill System

2 replies to this topic

#1 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

Ok, so I took it upon myself to unlock every single node on my FNR-5(S) skill tree, even the completely useless ones. (like missile nodes)

What I found was that it does properly lock out all nodes in the Jump Jet tree and the two NARC nodes in the Auxiliary tree, but does not lock out the missile nodes in the Firepower tree. (Missile Rack, Missile Spread, and High Explosive)

I can't remember if they said they were going to fix this or not, but they really need to.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

Hi, BTGbullseye... B)

While I don't have an Official Statement from PGI to reference, it is unlikely that they will alter this behavior in the Firepower Skill Tree. You might very much call this "Intended By Design" behavior. :huh:

Why, you ask? Because passing through those 'weapon type'-specific nodes to get to certain other desired ones is still a cost paid, even though it may go through an essentially useless node. On the other hand, more nodes that did provide function would likely have been needed to be paid to reach a certain node, but you would get the benefit from what was picked up in the process of getting there. Some probably would not need (or basically not want) a node or two from Cooldown (just for example) under certain circumstances, so paying out one node where you got no benefit to bypass one or two unwanted nodes might indeed be an interesting tradeoff here. :o

Now, I haven't personally used this mechanic, as my builds really haven't needed such Skill Pathing. But, I hope you can see how and/or why it might be useful and good to have in MWO? I personally have no problem with it, as it wastes the Skill Points of the opposition. ^_^

~Mr. D. V. "Some give, some take, but room for all to enjoy... No change needed." Devnull

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

I understand, but they should unlock the others too... I want to have all 37 totally useless nodes unlocked!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users