The Problem With Blanket Change Pgi Is That It Is Stupid

27 replies to this topic

#21 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

NOt sure who makes these decisions. The mechs with those nerfs aren`t seen all that often. Now they won`t be seen at all.

#22 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

Can anyone explain why pgi did this blanket IS nerf on mechs no one really uses?

#23 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 May 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yeah, rather lose a side torso than an arm!

Wait...

It doesn't quite work like that though. Prior to the change you didn't lose a Side Torso just to a glancing shot but with 14 armor on the arms, you will lose an arm to that same glancing shot. Basically it is better having a good balance on armor in my opinion, at least on a mech that has the majority of its firepower in its arms cause lets face it, if the mech has no weapons, it might as well be dead anyway.

#24 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:35 AM

View PostSamial, on 24 May 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Can anyone explain why pgi did this blanket IS nerf on mechs no one really uses?

I think they probably thought they were buffing them... Why they didn't just slap some armour quirks on the Mechs in question is utterly beyond me.

#25 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

The only way to understand pgi's 'balance and logic' is get so drunk you'd die from alcohol poisoning if you drank any more and you'd make barney gumble look sober. When I get off work i'm going to run and record all my IS jenners and send a very lengthy email to support about them. i'll be posting the results in a thread here. It should be quite amusing at least and at best a few of my jenners will see a massive 'buff' of points for the skill tree.

#26 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Most of these mechs they chose to "balance" with this change have been in the game a very long time. I can't for the life of me why they wasted time on this change. Just how much did those armor points unbalance the game?

#27 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

So instead of giving the mech more armor, they moved it off of critical areas?

Classic PGI.

#28 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Definitely notice a difference with my Jenner. The arms are too fragile now. I think a Jenner ST buff could be justified but not at the expense of the arms. Given the choice I would rather put that armor back on the arms. I'm in favor of reverting this change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users