C-Uac20 Jam Percentage

57 replies to this topic

#21 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:26 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 May 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Mind. Blown. I always thought it was chance... That does explain why there didn't seem to be a difference!

Originally it was.

And if I recall correcly back then we also saw the chances listed per UAC, higher caliber having higher chance. They are no longer available anywhere. I have 2xUAC20 on Ebon and it doesn't jam too often.

UAC20 is unpopular weapon. Even assults can't boat them and mechs like Ebon take quite some facetime with them. I kinda like them on some maps on FP.

#22 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 23 May 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Originally it was.

And if I recall correcly back then we also saw the chances listed per UAC, higher caliber having higher chance. They are no longer available anywhere. I have 2xUAC20 on Ebon and it doesn't jam too often.

UAC20 is unpopular weapon. Even assults can't boat them and mechs like Ebon take quite some facetime with them. I kinda like them on some maps on FP.

That's not the case it seems... c-UAC2 have the same 0.17 value, which I don't get since you fire them so much more rapidly... (hence why my 2-UAC2 adder is so ineffective)

#23 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

Why has no one ever produced a video of the single click UAC jam? Russ even asked for it once and got crickets.

#24 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 23 May 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Why has no one ever produced a video of the single click UAC jam? Russ even asked for it once and got crickets.

Theres this i found in 2secs of looking https://streamerclip...HerringCopyThis

#25 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

You complain when they jam. You dont complain when they dont and give you double damage for free :D

This horse has been beaten. They give you an alpha strike advantage. And a short term DPS advantage. You pay with long term dps disadvantage.

Thus they are good in QP and bad in S7.

#26 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

Ah that explains it, I didn't realise the skills had been changed and never bothered to read the description properly again. Whoopsie! With my C-UAC5/10 Kodiak the heat build up seemed to be a little excessive. I suppose it needs coolshots and an investment in heat reduction/threshold skills. I can't find anywhere to take points from though, so I think in the long run C-AC10s win out.

#27 Galban

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

Trying out 2x C-L Pulse instead of the C-UAC20

No jam, more damage, little more heat but heat management is half the game and 2x range.

So far i've scored 400+ in 3/10 games. Sadly it feels like the C-UAC20 lacks damage, oompf etc to justify it.
(Founder memory: back in the day Autocannons used to shake the **** out of the other guy on hits... now it feels like thats been reduced)

Edited by Galban, 23 May 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#28 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 May 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Been seeing people say this, but no one so far has given me a video proof of UAC jamming on the first click without shooting a single shot.

Usually mine jam on the first shot, not before. they still jam way too often to be reliable in a pinch though.

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

i think cold jams are silly, guns usually dont have problems with jamming until they get hot. there is a such a thing as too much random. things would be better if you factor in the current heat level into the jam chance. maybe start jam chance around 5% and ramp it up to 20% when your heat bar is full.

my problem with uacs is more with heat. they just run too damn hot. id rather have a nice cool reliable cac20 that doesnt jam and not ave to worry about it ghost heating itself. then with the heat i saved throw on a few more backup lasers or srms.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2018 - 04:45 PM.

#30 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 May 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

my problem with uacs is more with heat. they just run too damn hot. id rather have a nice cool reliable cac20 that doesnt jam and not ave to worry about it ghost heating itself. then with the heat i saved throw on a few more backup lasers or srms.

Only if it was a PPFLD though, not the current multi-shot. Right now there is nothing in the Clan arsenal that can 1-hit headshot something without Ghost Heat... IS has it in dual HGauss. (I've been getting incidental headshots on Atlases galore with my FNR-5(S) because of these things)

#31 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Only if it was a PPFLD though, not the current multi-shot. Right now there is nothing in the Clan arsenal that can 1-hit headshot something without Ghost Heat... IS has it in dual HGauss. (I've been getting incidental headshots on Atlases galore with my FNR-5(S) because of these things)

it is if your aim is good and you can follow through with the salvo. also it has a pleasing staccato that all autocannons are supposed to have.

#32 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

Just give me the HAGs, and I'll be happy.

#33 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

really the only ppfld this game should have are ppcs, and thats because of the heat they put off. meanwhile fun mechanics like aoe are seldom seen. pgi seems to be afraid of fun or something.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2018 - 04:57 PM.

#34 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 23 May 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

However, even with the Jam issues, generally speaking they still output significantly more damage than the C-ACs so I have never been able to justify using C-ACs.

Hey, I boat CACs cause of its low heat. :D

#35 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 May 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

really the only ppfld this game should have are ppcs

So what do the Gauss Rifles become? Shotguns?

#36 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 23 May 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Theres this i found in 2secs of looking https://streamerclip...HerringCopyThis

they were still on cooldown when he attempted to fire.

that said, i do feel that UACs jam a little too frequently. it's not such a problem on mechs that can boat them, but they're a bit underwhelming if you're only able to carry 1-2. and UAC20s are just garbage in every way.

#37 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

Here's a wild and crazy idea, scale jam chance with the number of UACs equipped.
Just an example with arbitrary %s
1 UAC - 15% jam chance
2 UAC - 20%
3 UAC - 25%
4 UAC + 30%

Or something like that in a fair and balanced way.

#38 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 23 May 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

So what do the Gauss Rifles become? Shotguns?

and the goose. how could i forget the goose. im so bad.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2018 - 09:43 PM.

#39 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 23 May 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Here's a wild and crazy idea, scale jam chance with the number of UACs equipped.
Just an example with arbitrary %s
1 UAC - 15% jam chance
2 UAC - 20%
3 UAC - 25%
4 UAC + 30%

Or something like that in a fair and balanced way.

linking jam characteristics of guns will just kill them (points at rac). i dont really like random mechanics in action games. theres a place for random mechanics, and thats with tabletop and turn based games.

but im all for recoil effects with high alpha or highly sustained dps (like the 8xcac2 uv). firing over 30 damage ballistic alpha should produce hgauss style recoil, firing over a certain dps for a certain amount of time should start to introduce spread. then you can get rid of ghost heat for all ballistics at that point. mechwarrior 3 had great recoil effects so thats the game to emulate here.

you can also give missiles their own anti-boating mechanics, ghost spread or velocity reductions or some such. if all 3 weapon types have their own sources of diminishing returns then you will see more mixed builds and less boats.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2018 - 09:42 PM.

#40 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:59 PM

RNG based weapon jamming has been and will always be stupid.

Rolling a die before I even fire my weapon should exist only in tabletop. Either up the RoF and heat of UAC or make them like RAC with a dedicated jam bar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users