#1 Galban

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

Hey all,

Just wondering what everyones experiences of stuff jamming is?

I've personally had my C-UAC20 on my Scat jam on the first shot in about 8/10 matches right now. It just feels slightly worthless on mechs that are below Heavy/Assault if the jam % is quite high

Thoughts?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:51 AM

https://en.wikipedia...nfirmation_bias

#3 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

I don't use the C-UAC 20, but I did use the 5 and 10 variants on my Scorch and Kodiak. Even with the reduction from skills, they do have a habit of jamming at the worst possible moment. They are also quite hot. I traded my 5s and 10s on my Kodiak for 4 regular C-AC10s and they are a lot more effective imo. They run cooler and are obviously more reliable, plus they don't require skill points. I think in general, UACs are a very hot and inconsistent weapon; throughout the course of a match your luck will "run out" often enough to make them a little too risky to take with you.

#4 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

yep jamming on first shot happens this is why i dont bother with uacs on any mech that doesnt have jam quirks but even then it still happens

recently tried a uac 20 cougar in solaris for fun, first click jam not even a single shot fired

#5 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 May 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

I don't use the C-UAC 20, but I did use the 5 and 10 variants on my Scorch and Kodiak. Even with the reduction from skills, they do have a habit of jamming at the worst possible moment. They are also quite hot. I traded my 5s and 10s on my Kodiak for 4 regular C-AC10s and they are a lot more effective imo. They run cooler and are obviously more reliable, plus they don't require skill points. I think in general, UACs are a very hot and inconsistent weapon; throughout the course of a match your luck will "run out" often enough to make them a little too risky to take with you.

Skills don't reduce jam chance, only jam duration.

#6 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

The fact that these guns can jam on single fire is a disgustingly broken oversight, and i'm usually on PGI's side around these parts...

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

View Postaardappelianen, on 23 May 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

recently tried a uac 20 cougar in solaris for fun, first click jam not even a single shot fired

View PostStridercal, on 23 May 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

The fact that these guns can jam on single fire is a disgustingly broken oversight, and i'm usually on PGI's side around these parts...

Been seeing people say this, but no one so far has given me a video proof of UAC jamming on the first click without shooting a single shot.

#8 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 May 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Been seeing people say this, but no one so far has given me a video proof of UAC jamming on the first click without shooting a single shot.

I've not had it happen to me, but I have seen some weird UACackyness video. I also think any issue with it would be the server client issue, something about reading packets with mouse clicks in some rare instance being read twice.

#9 Formosa The God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

happened to me on solaris earlier, fired it and went to fire again and nothing happened, I was surprised to say the least.

#10 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

the jam chance on UACs is horrendous

PGI needs to lower the jam chance significantly

just increase the weapon cooldown to compensate for the lower jam

#11 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

It not on the very first click, it just feels like that because you go to lay into someone with your UACs you fire once then suddenly nothing. Also it often feels like the first shot jam but what is really happening is you haven't quite waited long enough for the first shoot to refresh. I mean it feels like it has been long enough and if feels like you should be able to fire but you click and nothing happens simply because you clicked a fraction of a second prior to the refresh, thus the game registers this as a double tap and checks for Jam.

The problem with UAC in general is that they are extremely unreliable, in fact no REAL army in the world would pass them through trials with such a massive change to jam and no mech operator would ever want to rely on an unreliable weapon system when their life was on the line. However, because some mechs boat UAC's, all mechs have to be punished even if they are mounting only one UAC, at least that is what PGI decided when they dramatically increased the jam chance back when the KDK-3 was reigning supreme. In fact PGI loves them jamming so much they even changed the skills from reducing the chance to jam to reducing jam duration instead.

So what has happened is UAC's really cannot be used in any single cannon application that does not derive the vast majority of their firepower from other sources. They generally have to be used in a secondary role because, honestly a single UAC is going to spend at least half the match unusable.

However, even with the Jam issues, generally speaking they still output significantly more damage than the C-ACs so I have never been able to justify using C-ACs. Which brings us to the next issue, what Ballistic weapon can a clanner bring to the table when they can only mount one AC. Unfortunate the answer to this is either an LBX or Gauss, neither of which are a great option in alot of case. This is also the reason people STILL want to see the C-AC turn into a single shot AC, just so they have something beside the ever-jamming UACs, the Shotgun LBX or the lame charge up Gauss Rifles.

#12 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

If I had both the drive space, and the processing capability to record well enough, I would record it jamming before ever firing. I've had it happen numerous times.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:35 AM

just to confirm its Jamming on the first Double Click, or its Jamming when you click once to fire?

if its Jamming on the first Double Click than thats intended as its Jam is all RNG based,
ant second click wail the system is on Cooldown has a % chance to Jam,

if its Jamming when you click once(jamming without ever firing a Round) thats not intended,
if it is and is happening as often as you say, please record the Jam events and submit them to PGI,

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 23 May 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Skills don't reduce jam chance, only jam duration.

Mind. Blown. I always thought it was chance... That does explain why there didn't seem to be a difference!

#15 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 May 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Mind. Blown. I always thought it was chance... That does explain why there didn't seem to be a difference!

It was chance at first. Sometime after Civil War dropped, the node was changed to jam duration so that RACs could also benefit from it... alongside some reasoning that the % was so low that it didn't actually impact jam chances all that much as it was designed, IIRC.

#16 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

I use UAC10s mostly and even use the UAC20 sometimes. YES they jam an not happy about it...BUT I have learned to reduce this by not pressing too suddenly and keeping the button down so it fires until I let up on the button. I pair mine with Lasers so I got something else to fire if there is a jam going on. But yeah, it would be nice to have the UAC's jam rate reduced a weee bit.

#17 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

<Weapon id="1207" name="ClanUltraAutoCannon20" HardpointAliases="Ballistic,LargeWeapon,UltraAutoCannon,UltraAutoCannon20,ClanUltraAutoCannon,ClanUltraAutoCannon20" faction="Clan">

<Loc nameTag="@ClanUAC20" descTag="@ClanUAC20_desc" iconTag="StoreIcons\ClanUltraAutoCannon20.dds"/>

<WeaponStats Health="16.5" slots="8" type="Ballistic" projectileclass="bullet" numFiring="4" damage="5" heatdamage="0" heatpenalty="24.0" minheatpenaltylevel="2" heatPenaltyID="9" impulse="0.09" heat="7.0" cooldown="4.0" ammoType="ClanUltraAC20Ammo" ammoPerShot="1" tons="12" duration="0.0" lifetime="10.0" speed="650" volleydelay="0.11" ShotsDuringCooldown="1" JammingChance="0.17" JammedTime="8.0" gravity="0,0,-9.8" maxDepth="10.0"/>
</Weapon>

17% per shot I guess

#18 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

So 25% JAM reduction are: 0.17 * 0.75 = 12,75%
Not that great compared to cooldown quirks

Edited by Quandoo, 23 May 2018 - 10:46 AM.

#19 sumbody

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

UACs never ever jam on the first shot. They could jam after the first shot. People need to refrase their gripe about about UACs jamming.

#20 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 May 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

if its Jamming when you click once(jamming without ever firing a Round) thats not intended,
if it is and is happening as often as you say, please record the Jam events and submit them to PGI,

That is exactly what is happening, though I don't have the ability to record it due to a variety of reasons. (not enough HDD space, not enough processing power to keep the framerate at 30 FPS, etc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users