Game Disconnects My Internet When Loading Any Multiplayer Match

5 replies to this topic

#1 Scorch 262

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

As the title says, whenever i start loading into a match(the screen after the map vote) audio stutters and dies the application goes black, and my computer is disconnected from the internet

I have no idea what could possibly be causing this as MWO is the only game i have that has this problem and its limited to only multiplayer matches. Solaris, Quick play and even custom matches cause the same thing to happen

I am however perfectly able to visit maps in the testing grounds, observe chat and other online functions but the second i stat to load into a match the game tries to strangle itself with my internet

I use a wireless internet adapter to connect to my router because its on the other side of the house, but mwo is the only thing that disconnects it.

I have no idea what is causing this issue any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Run the repair tool.

#3 Scorch 262

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

Didn't work

#4 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

so, when the issue happens, the wireless adaptor chances state to disconnected ? hmmm .... what 'power plan' are you using with which version of windows ?

I've had multiple 'high power' cards pull enough current through a USB port that some will 'reset' the device because they believe it is in error, and depending where you are in the world ( bolivia / US for example ) the cards can be 'allowed' to draw more power than a strained USB hub might be able to deliver

under the power plan / advanced options theres a setting for 'wireless adapter power saving mode', if thats not set for maximum performance, then it might cause issues, here and there ....

#5 Scorch 262

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

I'm running on windows 7 and my adapter is a netgear not sure what model tho and it is set to high preformance

#6 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

ok, tell me about the antennas in use, is it a PCIE card that plugs into the motherboard, with an antenna that comes out of it, or a USB device that plugs in, if its a USB device, try to find yourself a 1-2m extension cable, and see if you can locate a place that it gets a clearer transmission to the router ...

personally I'm a fan of 'powerline' adaptors, which put a network connection through the existing power cables in your house, sometimes the stuff can be a little hit and miss, but when it doesnt have cabling issues, it almost never drops a single packet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users