1 reply to this topic

#1 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

The Vulcan... I am actually glad this mech has been announced, and I've pre-ordered it, and won't refund even if it remains the way it is. But I do feel that the Vulcan could use some help/improvements. PGI gave the Vulcan pretty much the Hardpoints that I expected, but with these hardpoints they've basically produced the Vulcan for Battletech only, since most of the variants will be extinct in MWO rather soon.

So these are my suggestions to improve the Vulcans viability:

VL-2T:
Double the hardpoints in the arms for a total of 4 ballistic and 4 energy hardpoints (similar to the Firestarter Heros).

VL-5T:
Enable the variant for MASC. Hardpoints are decent enough (5E1B) so no need to change those. We could use a few more MASC enabled IS mech variants anyways.

VL-5M:
Double the energy hardpoints in left torso and right arm to a total of 6 energy and 2 ballistic hardpoints.

VL-5S:
Add another ballistic hardpoint to the right torso, so the hardpoints would match the current VL-2T but with optional MASC.

VL-6M:
Increase the ballistic hardpoints to 3 each for a total of 6 ballistic and 2 energy hardpoints. Since the clans have the ACH, MLX and PIR all speedy mechs with 6 or more ballistic hardpoints it's only fair that the IS get such mechs as well.

VL-BL:
It's good as it is. Basically an ASN-21 hero with optional MGs and weaker hitboxes. What's not to like.

So that's an increase to 8 hardpoints for all non MASC variants, and 6 for MASC variants. I do believe that the above hardpoints are still not overpowered, but at least they are viable and befitting for a mech that's supposed to be anti-infantry like the Firestarter. Without those changes this mech will be seen as much as the PXH-1 aka never (except for the BL and maybe 5T).

What do you guys think?

Edited by Myke Pantera, 25 May 2018 - 12:08 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:09 AM

We need LACs. Then IS Mediums can pack some decent ballistic firepower. http://www.sarna.net...ight_Autocannon

Edited by El Bandito, 25 May 2018 - 01:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users