Bug Report Consumable Slots

6 replies to this topic

#1 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

Greetings:

Title: Extra available consumable slot present on new Nova NVA-S(C) free mech as supplied immediately after injection

Description: I encountered a strange one. When I received my new free Nova NVA-S(C) mech (thank you PGI) I discovered that it has two open consumable slots as supplied. Is this a bug or is it by design?

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Go to Mechlab
  • Select Loadout
  • Go to Warehouse > Consumables
  • Find that two empty slots are present.
I sincerely hope that this is by design?

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

Don't tell them! They'll take it away!

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

@ Bug Reporter, MegaBopper --- I'm seeing the same Bug here, and it's DEFINITELY a Bug. No other Chassis has similar going on with it. That needs to get fixed quickly by PGI, before it gets too abused. :(

As for this...

View PostBTGbullseye, on 26 May 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Don't tell them! They'll take it away!

I suspect you're being sarcastic. Unfortunately, that Extra Slot being pre-unlocked should NOT be that way. Worse, it's a PGI-caused imbalance, and rather exploitable/abuseable... It effectively means that people can skip one of the Consumable Slots in the Skill Tree, and also skip part of what they should be having to pay out in order to mount FIVE Consumables on their Mech! Personally, I happen to have an endless HATE for this kind of Bug/Exploit, and will be actively dodging it while I watch for PGI's HotFix Patch. :excl:

~Mr. D. V. "I have a living hatred of 'Critical-Class Game-Breaking Bugs'..." Devnull

#4 Catnium

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

yeah totally OPthat extra drain on C bills that extra slot gives you.. eyup

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

View PostCatnium, on 29 May 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

yeah totally OPthat extra drain on C bills that extra slot gives you.. eyup

You miss the point. It effectively gives someone an Extra Skill Point that they didn't have to earn and/or allocate ALL FOR FREE, albeit locked into a particular item type. This therefore makes it possible to do the equivalent of 92 Skill Nodes enabled, as well as have a little upper-hand against other Mechs and designs. That's simply NOT fair and NOT balanced, by any means of thinking. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "ARE THINGS FINALLY CLEAR TO YOU NOW?!?!?!?" Devnull

(p.s.: It's rather hard to make me use heavy formatting and severe caps. Congratulations, you're getting your negative attitude shined right back at you, and only because you deserve it. Think about the implications of issues more, and before you dare try to downplay something severe.)

#6 Dithmenos

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:33 AM

Its a bug, but it is so pointless to be outraged over it. No one would complain if the already given consumable slot would be quirk instead, because it still doesn't make much of a difference in terms of balancing and we won't see it getting meta any time soon.

#7 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:45 AM

ALSO... the maximum is still five consumable slots. All the bug is doing is unlocking one of the four extra available slots for free at the moment. If you planned to use more than the single slot, just skill out your mech as if the bug wasn't there and then it won't be invalid when PGI corrects the error.

Edited by Dee Eight, 29 May 2018 - 09:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users