#1 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Hi,

I'm using windows 10 pro with a nvidia 1080Ti and a Logitech G700s
Always when I quit MWO I have massive problems with my mouse. That happens only if I quit MWO, this is not happening in any other program.
After quitting I can't rightclick things, if I left-click on an open window, it gets out of focus and is not clickable any more. I can't even click on the start button in Windows.
I completely reinstalled MWO, but that doesn't help.

Any helpful ideas?

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:25 AM

Sounds like it has nothing whatsoever to do with the mouse or MWO.

What other programs are you running in the background? Antivirus program?

Edited by BTGbullseye, 27 May 2018 - 03:25 AM.

#3 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

The problem occurs only after closing MWO, no other software is causing that.
And the only AV I use is the windows defender.

I tried a bit this and that. I can start the task manager and there the mouse works fine. This time I tried arbitrary closing the tasks of the adobe cloud and then I was able to use the mouse normally again. But to confirm that adobe is the culprit I have to try to reproduce the issue. I will do that later.

#4 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:00 AM

Background task interference is 99% of the time the cause of this sort of problem. Just because you only have this happen after playing MWO, does not mean that MWO is the culprit. It may just be the trigger for a problem somewhere else becoming visible to you.

Adobe background tasks are notorious for being incredibly glitchy, and causing very unusual problems, so I would not be surprised if their "service" turns out to be the real culprit.

Also, Windows Defender is NOT sufficient protection for the vast majority of internet browsing, despite the propaganda espoused by Microsoft and their affiliates. I personally recommend Avast, but there are a variety you can choose from, almost all of which will improve your system security by an order of magnitude.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 27 May 2018 - 06:03 AM.

#5 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:22 AM

I personally see all AV only as a snakeoil, they don't help against any zero-day-exploit, only known pattern work quite well, but that can the Microsoft Defender as good as any other AV, at least in windows 10. That is NOT the same product as in Windows 7 or 8.x. There you have to use the MS entpoint protection or what ever its name is.
Any AV, no mater how "sophisticated" their "heuristic" is, protects you against new malware. And Pattern recognition can MS as good as any other product. All AV products you use are an attacking point themselves, all browser producer complain about the security hole AV software. They are one of the biggest obstacles for developing secure browser.
The best protection is an up-to-date OS and and up-todate Browser and the thing between your ears, called brain. Never be afraid to use it.
So, no, never ever again I will put an AV software on my computer, they make my machine slow and produce more problems than they solve. There is no benefit. Not long ago was a big discussion about AV software in the internet, just google snakeoil and antivirus. ;-)

https://robert.ocall...are-except.html

Edited by Herz aus Stahl, 27 May 2018 - 08:25 AM.

#6 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

I'm sorry, but I am unwilling to continue helping you further if you are that firm in your belief that bad security is as good as good security.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

How are you closing down/logging out of MWO? What mouse and do you have customized settings or using some sort of Autohotkey program/other program that is meant to be used only with MWO that you are not deactivating/shutting off? And are you having to reboot your system to return to normal behavior (which would mean the autohotkey or other program is not being utilized at that time...)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 May 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#8 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 27 May 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but I am unwilling to continue helping you further if you are that firm in your belief that bad security is as good as good security.

First of all, I'm a professional in IT and I'm doing this for almost 20 years now, so I know what I'm talking about. MS windows defender is a full AV solution and for MY purposes enough. I know what I'm doing.
Second, my problem is NOT an maybe insufficient AV solution, but a Problem with MWO.

Honestly, your answer is not only unprofessional, but lets you look quite arrogant.
Anyways, I will check if Adobe is the culprit and I'll let you know, 'cause I am professional.

Edited by Herz aus Stahl, 27 May 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#9 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 27 May 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

How are you closing down/logging out of MWO? What mouse and do you have customized settings or using some sort of Autohotkey program/other program that is meant to be used only with MWO that you are not deactivating/shutting off? And are you having to reboot your system to return to normal behavior (which would mean the autohotkey or other program is not being utilized at that time...)

I had that thought too and disabled my Mouse Software and for the keyboard, no difference. I also tried logging off correctly, using ALT + F4 and killing the task with the same result.
I also tried once to kill more tasks, but I had no success. This time ending Adobe and its services were enough. I'll look tomorrow deeper in the issue.

#10 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

View PostHerz aus Stahl, on 27 May 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

First of all, I'm a professional in IT and I'm doing this for almost 20 years now, so I know what I'm talking about.

I don't believe you. (coming from someone that's been doing this for 25 years)

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

(chuckles) both of you... /winks. Go to your corners. On one hand, if one is not the "average" consumer but of higher experience/quality, it would give reason that said person is less likely to open up emails from unknown persons, clicking on links in unknown emails, download stuff from people without checking if it was legit or going to scrupulous websites, etc. So he wears his seatbelt but his car does not have 28 airbags, autocorrecting driver assistance, etc...

Though I will say I am not a professional in IT but enjoy assisting those less fortunate on resolving their issues so they may continue playing the game (any game) since even the loss of one player is detrimental, even the stubborn ones who may have or continue to work with computer systems/etc Posted Image Of course then there is the approach, saying/posting something in such a way that it appears to be accusatory which then cowards the listener or gives cause for them to fire back, instead of putting it in more helpful terms.

/Off to pull the smothered steak pot out of the oven...damn love that aroma...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 May 2018 - 03:00 PM.

#12 Herz aus Stahl

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

The issue is caused by the adobe acrobat update service.

FU adobe.....

#13 CREAMM

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

View PostHerz aus Stahl, on 29 May 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

The issue is caused by the adobe acrobat update service.

FU adobe.....

Having this EXACT issue you had nearly a year ago, right now. I removed Adobe Reader - made sure that update process isn't running and I'm still having this. I'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out what could be causing it. Any help greatly appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users