Psr Is Weird (Video)

6 replies to this topic

#1 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

I see a lot of discussions that end up nowhere because of some basic misunderstandings of the way PSR can behave, so I made a video about it. Something I can reference when needed. Hope it helps! Posted Image

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

A good starting resource for new players.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

Really like a lot of the level headed advice. Very true points.

For one, yeah. Don't worry about your PSR. It's fun to track, but nothing to worry about.
Second, I like how it says not to spend money right away. It isn't discouraging spending money on the game, just to consider it before you do it.

I completely agree that this is a game that one needs to play for oneself, as they enjoy most. If you aren't having fun (and winning every match doesn't always equal fun), then why are you playing? It is a game after all.

#4 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

View PostTesunie, on 29 May 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

winning every match doesn't always equal fun

A few of my most fun matches ever were when almost everyone was on comms, and we all played like absolute lunatics. (and lost 3-12 or worse) I think we put more damage into the ground in 10 seconds during those matches than ever gets dealt out by both teams in a regular match. (we just wanted to spook the reds, and it worked)

Of course there was always one or 2 on our team that was way too serious about playing the game, and tried to report all of us.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 29 May 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#5 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback, folks! And yeah - the best matches are when you're all just chatting about whatever. Even if it's a loss it's still a win. :)

#6 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

To indicate just how off Match Score is from an indicator of how much you're helping your team... I just saw an QKD-IV4 with MRM60 get 1500+ damage, and 800+ Match Score with no kills, 4 assists, and less than 6 components destroyed. His team lost.

#7 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

Team damage is really harsh too, and sometimes it's just not avoidable. The very first thing I do in a match is run forward a few steps, jump, and twist around to face my lance. I hate getting stepped on because other players can't steer but it counts as team damage for me if I happen to be moving as well, which is silly, and I've seen terrible scores solely because of team damage. It's just not a helpful metric for anything.

I suppose one could make the argument that it's a shooter and T1 are playing it more shooter-ly... but then eliminate the non-shooting factors in the game so things aren't so muddy. It's a mess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users