Hbk-Iic Build

3 replies to this topic

#1 firesyde424

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:59 AM

Go easy on me, this is my first attempt at asking others how I can improve my build. =)

https://mwo.smurfy-n...84628d4f647100e

Edited by firesyde424, 30 May 2018 - 09:59 AM.

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

More armor is an absolute must. The HBK-IIC is a pretty squishy chassis, with hitboxes that are easily isolated; with so little torso armor, you will likely lose a section every time you take a serious hit.

A larger engine is also a good idea. The stock engine leaves you around the same top speed as assaults which have twice your armor and firepower- not an ideal situation to be in.

In order to make the changes while keeping your primary weapons, you will need to drop some ammo- but that's not so bad; you aren't likely to get through 4t of UAC20 and 3t of UAC10 with your current armor levels. 3t UAC20 / 2t UAC10 leaves you with 820 potential damage, but frees up crucial space for a larger engine and more armor.

Removing the lasers could also help- with two large UACs, they won't be fired often anyway. If you want to have them just as a backup, then consider downgrading them to ER smalls or heavy smalls.

The end result could look like this, or like this without the lasers. You could also carry dual UAC10s instead of the 10/20 combo, which allows you to keep the ERMLs without sacrificing anything else (this also saves a bit more tonnage because 10-class ACs are the most ammo-efficient at 200 damage per ton, so you can add more armor back).

There are several other things you could do with the HBK-IIC, as well:

Dual LB20X* \
Dual Gauss* - These two builds are effectively interchangeable, as they use the same engine and equipment.
3xUAC5
4xUAC2

...and others. It is quite possibly the single most versatile ballistic boat in the game, despite being a "mere" 50-tonner (and a somewhat fragile one)- other ballistic-focused 'Mechs generally have one or two optimal builds, but this one thrives with a variety of loadouts and playstyles.

#3 firesyde424

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Constructive feedback... in an online game? Absurd!

Thanks for the tips. I dropped one of the UAC20s down to a 10 because I felt like I was getting into a lot of situations where I needed the extra range but I didn't want to sacrifice all of the extra punch of the UAC20.

I'll give your suggestion a try and see where that goes.

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

The old trial build was pretty effective:

https://mwo.smurfy-n...41ad190f8dcc535

I've left an extra ton open, you can use it for ammo, another heat sink, or a bigger engine.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users