9 replies to this topic

#1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:25 AM

as the title says:

-tired of 3min waiting, for yet another 3min round of waiting.
-tired of always fighting the same boring build (no, not even buildS).
-tired of the ac2 spamfest.
-tired of lights getting paired against assaults and vice versa.

solaris was such a good idea, and the implemention is so bad..
don't get me wrong - not calling out the people who (ab)use certain things in this mode; just tired that they do, and disappointed that PGI allows such bad pairing in the first place.

this mode could have been fun and crowded with casual builds and people - yet we have this metacheese-wasteland where you wait for 6+ minutes, only to get cored out by some ac2s if you don't bring them yourself.

so sad and boring.

go on and have fun, if you think you can have it in that environment.
*too tired of this*

#2 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

I don't know why anyone would expect anything else to be honest. Of course everyone will gravitate to whatever build will let them have the edge. Even worse with PGI thinking they could leave the tiers for the first season. Without a PTS, the first season should have been the 'test' season and changes made regularly.

Edited by MechaBattler, 04 June 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#3 turdburglir

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBest Coast, USA

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 04 June 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

The first season should have been the 'test' season and changes made regularly.

THIS! for real though. the tier system is completely broken right now. getting smearing by quad lbx/uac kodis every match in D2 gets old fast.

#4 luap

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

Wasn't solaris supposed to be class based(lights vs lights, meds vs meds, etc.) Also where is 4 player death match...?

#5 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 04 June 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Of course everyone will gravitate to whatever build will let them have the edge.

Not really, some players have cool builds. And I for one am ashamed that I used the KDK-3 in the first month to end a loosing streak. But after every win scored with that cheese bear I apologized to the other guy. And I switched back to my Sporty Bear the next day. S7 is more fun when I don't take advantage of PGI's blunders. Killed a King Crab in Div 2 today. Salt tastes better when you're not sitting in cheese.

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

That's an exception. Not the rule. Most people would rather win than use something different.

#7 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

I also think the reason you see the same builds over and over is because you can't has a S7 load out and a QP load out. Whats good for one is not always good in the other. So If I have to pick one mech I'm not going pick a garbage mech. I'm going pick a fun mech and load it out and play. Hunchback and Bushwacker. So you will see only those two mechs from me I'm sure other people do the same. Just with their bash-a-bear.

#8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 05 June 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

That's an exception. Not the rule. Most people would rather win than use something different.

and isn't that just plain sad?

in a weak moment today I clicked on the S7 again and thought "let's drag that newly bought blackknight in there".
after 12! minutes of waiting I gave up, cause not one single person drops atm.
metacheese turns this mode into a wasteland for everybody.

again, can't blame people for cheesing it out (though I think it's sad); can and do blame the developer for not investing those 5 minutes of thought that would have solved the problem before it could even start - and it IS kinda obvious.

#9 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

So.. sat in S7/Div5 in my Legendkiller over lunch. 33 minutes – 2 games. Guess that's how it's supposed to be. *watching the tumbleweed go by*

otoh I got to respond to a few emails, post this here, wrote an article for a forum nobody will ever read and so on.. maybe I could pick up the guitar tomorrow and practice a few songs. Thx solaris for opening mechwarrior-time for something else I guess ;-)

#10 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

PGI should work up some kind of challenge system, where you can directly challenge another player you see are online. The other player has the option to accept or reject your challenge, and each player is rewarded according to their rank difference. For example, if the 12345 ranked player challenges the 9876 ranked player and is accepted and then goes on to beat the higher ranked player, the lower ranked player gets 2,469,000 ((12345 - 9876) x 1000) cbills. If the higher rank player beats the lower ranked player, he gets maybe half that amount and the losing lower ranked player gets nothing (or maybe even have to pay a penalty to discourage frivolous challenges). The change in rank should probably use a different formula. Maybe drops or gain 10 ranks either way or something.

A player can put their name on a list if they are open to challenges while they're online, but they can go play in the QP queue until he sees a challenge notification. That way players aren't just waiting around for a Solaris match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users