Jump to content

Mwowc 2018 -Stock Mode Only?


68 replies to this topic

#41 Rushin Roulette

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,512 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostElizander, on 07 June 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:


With the tonnage limitation, picking up all 3 wolfhounds or the 1 + B and the Jenner F might not be bad for any situation and frees up a lot of tonnage at the top.

Not sure that is possible though. the rule of "No duplicate chassis allowed" should be elaborated a little.
Does it mean no 2 same mech chassis type (for example no Hunchback-P and Hunchback SP in a team) - Meaning your suggestion doesn't work
or does it mean no same mech variant (no 2 Hunchbacks P, but a Hunchie P and a Hunchie SP are allowed) - Meaning your Suggestion does work.

I think that the first example would be true from the wording, but it may just mean Cassis Variant cant be doubled.

#42 Kurbeks

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

Supporing IS only and 3039 or 3025 rulebook. But not stock mode. Like others said literaly 90% of IS stocks are unplayable

#43 MischiefSC

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,452 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostVxheous, on 07 June 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:


Yeah, that Kintaro is going to be a staple for most teams I think.


I dunno. Have been playing with that recently and it's got two tons of ammo in each ST. IF MG mechs are part of the meta that leaves you with no dead side and bad odds the moment your ST is open.

Going to be ironic AF if this ends up just PPCs and MGs and one obligatory laservomit mech. You know, instead of all lasers and MGs and one obligatory PPC mech.

#44 Vxheous

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 June 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:


I dunno. Have been playing with that recently and it's got two tons of ammo in each ST. IF MG mechs are part of the meta that leaves you with no dead side and bad odds the moment your ST is open.

Going to be ironic AF if this ends up just PPCs and MGs and one obligatory laservomit mech. You know, instead of all lasers and MGs and one obligatory PPC mech.


Its super quirked for survival though

#45 Elizander

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,112 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 07 June 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

Not sure that is possible though. the rule of "No duplicate chassis allowed" should be elaborated a little.
Does it mean no 2 same mech chassis type (for example no Hunchback-P and Hunchback SP in a team) - Meaning your suggestion doesn't work
or does it mean no same mech variant (no 2 Hunchbacks P, but a Hunchie P and a Hunchie SP are allowed) - Meaning your Suggestion does work.

I think that the first example would be true from the wording, but it may just mean Cassis Variant cant be doubled.


Oh, does it say chassis and not variant? That's even more limiting then. D:

I'd definitely go with a Wolfhound and Jenner F then since they both have decent speed, armor and weapons. There's only one Kintaro which I think every team will get since it's armored like a small assault mech and maybe one HBK.

Heavy and Assault mech picks is where it gets a little harder depending on what the team wants to do I guess.

Edited by Elizander, 09 June 2018 - 07:14 PM.


#46 Huitzilihuitl

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

I really like this stock mode only comp, it'll be fun to watch.

#47 Arend

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

View PostHuitzilihuitl, on 11 June 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

I really like this stock mode only comp, it'll be fun to watch.


Well the problem is that it's not fun to play and after the novelty effect has worn down it won't be fun to watch, aswell cause there will be no much varity in mech choice and possible tactics!

#48 Elizander

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,112 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:30 AM

View PostArend, on 11 June 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:


Well the problem is that it's not fun to play and after the novelty effect has worn down it won't be fun to watch, aswell cause there will be no much varity in mech choice and possible tactics!


I am only hoping that commentators/analysts will be able to better convey what is going on since they will know exactly what the loadouts are.

#49 L3golas

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

#50 tee5

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Is it too late to make a vote, to see what the comp players and the viewers would like to see?

I personally would like to see:

- not always the same maps. (but I think they introduced it)

- not always the same game conditions.
a. I like MRBC with increasing tonnages over the encounters. To be honest, best would have been if PGI would have asked MRBC, do you want to host with PGI the offical World Championship in MWO.

b. But let's say we don't want to copy MRBC. Something like: This round only short-range weapons ( 0m - m-lasers), next round only long range, next round 2 long range mechs, 2 short range mechs, rest free choice. etc.

#51 TheFallOfTheReaper

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

So what we have is a....failure to understand the community.......
in the twenty minutes it took I found maybe three viable mechs, keeping in mind you WILL need a capper......so prettymuch gonna be a lrm/lazvomfest untill the lights either cap out, or kill each other. Welcome to Capwarrior ™ ladies and gents
Stock loadouts litterally mean one ton of ammo on most of them(the other available builds), so I predict two things 1. the last two years of WC's will not play. 2. it will be lazvom on canyon, EVERY time.

View PostL3golas, on 12 June 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is memetacular btw

#52 Y E O N N E

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,187 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostElizander, on 11 June 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:


I am only hoping that commentators/analysts will be able to better convey what is going on since they will know exactly what the loadouts are.


They knew exactly what they were, before, too.

#53 Provo1978

    Member

  • Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHESSEN!!!

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

I now played some matches in stock mechs and i think it is ok. It's now more about teamplay and skills, than building a good mech. You have to work with what you got and that is fine. The mechs selectable leave you a wide range of possibilities and combinations. You have a good variety of picks in every weight class. And that I think is fair. There should be a mech for everyone in the list.
What I also experienced, is that the games tend to be quicker with more time pressure, because mechs aren't as fast, lack of XL and light engines. Also you have to be more cautious with heat management, and ammo has also to be well used.

So happy Hunting.

#54 Natred

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 709 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

If this tourny is stock mode only I am not going to participate. Just for your reference. I want to run what I want to run.

#55 Rick T Dangerous

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

LossTech stock mode, just like MW5:Mercs is going to be... MWOWC 2018 is an advertising campaign. Guess what the participants in the finals can expect to get for free...Posted Image

#56 QueenBlade

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Hotel and plane ticket?

#57 DarkFhoenix

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

Any noobie can kick butt in a custom cheese mech build he found on google . This is good for balance , good for testing the best of the best players . This is also nice and different , A breath of fresh air . I am sure every other tournament has had cheesy builds and clan mechs . Whoever wins the prize will truly deserve it .


I am quite excited to watch the fun and games .

#58 Lukoi Banacek

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:53 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Any noobie can kick butt in a custom cheese mech build he found on google . This is good for balance , good for testing the best of the best players . This is also nice and different , A breath of fresh air . I am sure every other tournament has had cheesy builds and clan mechs . Whoever wins the prize will truly deserve it .


I am quite excited to watch the fun and games .


Yup and itll be one 9f the same teams that have been in the running every year, because again, the implication that the best teams are reliant on cheese builds has been invalidated yet again.

#59 Vxheous

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • WC 2018 Silver Champ
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Any noobie can kick butt in a custom cheese mech build he found on google . This is good for balance , good for testing the best of the best players . This is also nice and different , A breath of fresh air . I am sure every other tournament has had cheesy builds and clan mechs . Whoever wins the prize will truly deserve it .


I am quite excited to watch the fun and games .


At first I was like:
Posted Image

Quick Jarl's later, definitely serious.

#60 H I A S

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Any noobie can kick butt in a custom cheese mech build he found on google .


Pls record your games in cheese builds and share the vids with us.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users