Would The Mad-3R Be A Is Wide Mech?

2 replies to this topic

#1 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

I try to only run mechs that would have been available to the Draconis Combine. Not just their home-built designs, but also “off the shelf”, market/contract and captured units.

So I’m looking at the Marauders. I know the MAD-5D would be a DCMS unit, but I’d rather not run an energy build. The -3R on the other hand gives me a ballistic hard-point, which is much desirable.

If I’m reading right, the -3R was the last Star League variant, and would have been the model most likely to have fallen into the hands of the various Houses during the Star League’s collapse. I also assume it would have been the variant the DCMS encountered amongst the defending garrison at and presumably found in storage at the depot on Quentin.

#2 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

The MAD-3R is actually a post-Star League design resulting from the technological decline of the Succession Wars. It's effectively a downgrade of the SL-era MAD-1R.

Anyway, the MAD-3R is indeed a Mech found everywhere in the Inner Sphere, although it is a relatively rare Mech.

Edit: you may have a look here:
http://www.masteruni...marauder-mad-3r

Edited by FLG 01, 07 June 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#3 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 07 June 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

The MAD-3R is actually a post-Star League design resulting from the technological decline of the Succession Wars. It's effectively a downgrade of the SL-era MAD-1R.

Anyway, the MAD-3R is indeed a Mech found everywhere in the Inner Sphere, although it is a relatively rare Mech.

Edit: you may have a look here:
http://www.masteruni...marauder-mad-3r

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users