Starting Mech and C-Bills

25 replies to this topic

#1 Giasar

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Any idea what your starting cbill amount might be and do you get a starter mech or do you buy oneright anway with what ever cbills you have? any info would be great

#2 Kisenwolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

the only people that would be able to answer this I think are under the NDA

#3 Brunhin Graywind

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

I can answer, but you wont like it...a veteran founder gets $40 in in-game currency :ph34r:
since it is a f2p game that has premium accounts, I imagine it wouldnt be c-bills (which is the standard currency in all mech games I have played)

I remember reading somewhere (it was when the founders packages was first released and I cant find it in a quick look) that it would be enough to buy at least a couple of mechs

not sure about the starter mechs

Edited by Brunhin Graywind, 24 July 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#4 Davion5150

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

I see it happening in one of 3 ways.
1. They give us a certain C-bill amount which is enough to buy any of the 4 starter mechs. Obviously, if you choose of one the less expensive mechs, you will have more C-bills left than if you had bought an Atlas.
2. They give everyone an option, when they first start, of which of the 4 starter mechs they want.
3. They give everyone a starter mech token and they make each of the 4 starter mechs be able to be purchased with this token.

#5 Grey Weasel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationToledo,OH

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostBrunhin Graywind, on 24 July 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

I can answer, but you wont like it...a veteran founder gets $40 in in-game currency :P
since it is a f2p game that has premium accounts, I imagine it wouldnt be c-bills (which is the standard currency in all mech games I have played)

I remember reading somewhere (it was when the founders packages was first released and I cant find it in a quick look) that it would be enough to buy at least a couple of mechs

not sure about the starter mechs

Actually, the cash credits are called MCs, and C-Bills are the in-game currency you earn from missions. So an Elite Founder starts with $40 in MCs and the same started C-Bills as everyone else, I would assume.

#6 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

^ This..

And I dare say that the amount you start with in Closed Beta will be different to what you would get come Open Beta/Release... see.. you would want to give people in Closed Beta more "free" cash so they can buy ANYTHING in the game and test ANYTHING in the game.. whereas once things get to the Open Beta, you are more concerned about the way the game's design is holding up enmasse.. is the starting about enough, is the amount you get per match enough or too much, is the amount of repair and re-arm cost too little or too much and so on..

#7 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Don't quote me on this, but as a Legendary Founder we get $80 in credit and I recall a Dev saying that would be enough to buy about a dozen medium mechs. Do the math for the $40, etc.

Of course, Im sure they will be offering other things for us to spend that money on so I'm not planning on running out and buying anywhere near that many at the start. Maybe 3-4 variants of fav mechs to start.

#8 IcePho3nix

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostDavion5150, on 24 July 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

I see it happening in one of 3 ways.
1. They give us a certain C-bill amount which is enough to buy any of the 4 starter mechs. Obviously, if you choose of one the less expensive mechs, you will have more C-bills left than if you had bought an Atlas.
2. They give everyone an option, when they first start, of which of the 4 starter mechs they want.
3. They give everyone a starter mech token and they make each of the 4 starter mechs be able to be purchased with this token.

I would hope that this is how it'll work. Maybe they'll ask a couple of questions when you start to help you make an educated decision, such as "Do you prefer speed or firepower" or "Which would you like to be? A) Scout / B] Close Brawler / C) Fire Support /D) PERSONIFICATION OF DEATH?"

Edited by IcePho3nix, 24 July 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#9 Tuvar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCharleston, WV

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

I can't recall 100% but I think in the previous games you were given so much in C-bills and told to have at it. The one thing I'll miss is salvage where you get new toys lol.

#10 IcePho3nix

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostTuvar, on 24 July 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I can't recall 100% but I think in the previous games you were given so much in C-bills and told to have at it. The one thing I'll miss is salvage where you get new toys lol.

Yeah, no more "I legged your Atlas, it's my Atlas now."

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

The Devs have already said

you get a free starter mech

there will be one from each weight class to pick from.

#12 Mattrixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 108 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostGiasar, on 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Any idea what your starting cbill amount might be and do you get a starter mech or do you buy oneright anway with what ever cbills you have? any info would be great

I recall somewhere one of the devs saying that you get enough C-bills in-game when you start to buy any single mech to start with. So if this hold true then I'd hazard a guess that you get something like 3 to 4 mil c-bills to start with.

Now weather this how they do it (and I would hazard a wild guess that they will) or one of the above already mentioned ones is but an educated guess right now.

#13 Darkbeer

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

dropship lottery... whatever it drops is your starter mech!

#14 Jorak

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

your given an Urbanmech for your first 10 matches and have to make enough c-bills to buy a better mech. :blush:

#15 Tigerhawk71

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 247 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostJorak, on 25 July 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

your given an Urbanmech for your first 10 matches and have to make enough c-bills to buy a better mech. :blush:

YOU DO NOT JOKE ABOUT THAT.

NO URBANMECHS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

#16 TheMysteriousGX

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontana

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostJorak, on 25 July 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

your given an Urbanmech for your first 10 matches and have to make enough c-bills to buy a better mech. ;)

I'm down with that.

OR, you buy any mech you want, but have to pay it back, with INTEREST!!!

MUWAHAHAHA

#17 Donny Darko

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationBehind you, in your blindspot.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostTuvar, on 24 July 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I really hope they work salvage in at some point in the future... In the older games, getting salvage at the end of a mission was just as exciting as Xmas morning. Oooooooh... what's in THIS box?! lol

Plus, it really changed your tactics if you wanted to "capture" a mech (especially once the Clans show up) but I doubt they'll ever have full mech salvage for game balance issues.

#18 Tigerhawk71

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 247 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

When the clans show up, or any kind of PvE encounters, i'd like to see salvage as an option. Maybe limit the tonnage of salvage per day per player, or some kind of anti-mindless-farm limitation.. But it would be awesome nonetheless. I want to get a Nova Cat so i can spend all my matches listening to the sound of the shutdown override ;_;

#19 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

You start with [NDA] and can [NDA] until [NDA].

Does that answer your question?

#20 Steel Talon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostBluten, on 25 July 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

View PostBluten, on 25 July 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Posted Image
Someone's trolling here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users