1 reply to this topic

#1 Matmoesa

• Pip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

Valuable

aside from some light mechs arm mounts in a lot of mechs are just made redundant due to the way the game translated over the first person shooter format.

we see this in larger mechs and omni pod clan mechs it also causes a lot of new mechs that get released to be instantly judged by the hight of its gun mounts so at the moment the game feels like world of tanks leg day edition.

whilst you could argue that freeing the arms with armlock is an advantage I feel it isn't enough to sway people from boating everything in the upper torso.

If we look at the Warhammer its most run builds are cannons and ppcs in the torso with the arms stipped out. The same can be seen on Hellbringers and summoners among other things.

An idea I thought of was either giving quirks to specific hardpoints in the mech either isolating handy bonuses to the arms or other sections of the mech as well as maybe negative quirks to weapon grouping that seem to get overperforming in that specific mech to bring it back into line with everything else.

this could help with some of the balancing in the game. At the moment I have over 100 mechs to pick from and only a hand full are being boated as meta or I need to use to deal with tier 1 abuse.

Edited by Matmoesa, 10 June 2018 - 05:30 PM.

#2 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

Interesting idea to be sure.

Another option: Everything mounted in the torso shoots straight ahead. Only weapons in the arms get to converge ( assuming you pressed R )

Suddenly Alpha strikes are no longer the way to go as torso mounts need to be aimed individually ( or you mount all your weapons in "easily" destroyed arms )

That would require an overhaul of the targetting system from the ground up I'm afraid. It was the first mistake they did when designing this game and it is one that has come back to bite them time and time again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users