2 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

This could be a weekly or daily thing. Based on maybe weekly or monthly data, each weight class played for a certain number of games will give a payout. The more common a certain weight class is in QP then the less it will pay out. The least played will give more rewards (c-bills) and maybe a little bit of MC, depending on the event frequency.

So if ever the event was done daily it'd go something like:
  • Light - Play three matches with Light mechs with at least 100 match score. Reward: 150,000 c-bills and 5 MC.
  • Medium - Play three matches with Medium mechs with at least 100 match score. Reward: 150,000 c-bills.
  • Heavy - Play one matche with Heavy mechs with at least 100 match score. Reward: 50,000 c-bills.
  • Assault - Play one matche with Assault mechs with at least 100 match score. Reward: 50,000 c-bills.

The amount could be more or could be less depending on the duration/frequency of the event. In this case, Lights are assumed to be the least played and then Mediums. They have better rewards with Lights having the MC reward. If done daily it only amounts to 150 MC each month, but it's a steady trickle that players can log back in to do.

If ever assault mechs become the least played then the high c-bill and MC reward would shift to that for the event cycle until the next batch of data comes in. This could change weekly or monthly or just from the previous day.

PGI can, once in awhile, throw in a dekkel or other item with the top weight class reward just to change things up a bit.

The rewards are nice enough that new players and those that want something extra can go for while not big enough that established players who don't want to be bothered will feel compelled to do the event.

Obviously the point of this event is to get more people to play the least popular weight classes with some incentives.

#2 Burminator

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

honestly i think all the rewards should be the same for each weight class because you give me the impression that you love to play lights and i am a assault player and for the bigger reward i have to force myself to play a light. I really suck at playing light mechs. I get that some people might say that it its harder to get that match score but some people are just good at playing lights and some people like me are terrible at playing lights. just as that some people can't play assaults.

You might think that light mechs are the least played weight class, that might be in solo quickplay but i drop a lot in a big group where most people pley lights to get some assaults in for a big push or as meatshield.

So i would still suggest if this will be implemented that the rewards are arround the same or get more challanges in for the heavy and assault mechs.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

View PostBurminator, on 12 June 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

honestly i think all the rewards should be the same for each weight class because you give me the impression that you love to play lights and i am a assault player and for the bigger reward i have to force myself to play a light. I really suck at playing light mechs. I get that some people might say that it its harder to get that match score but some people are just good at playing lights and some people like me are terrible at playing lights. just as that some people can't play assaults.

You might think that light mechs are the least played weight class, that might be in solo quickplay but i drop a lot in a big group where most people pley lights to get some assaults in for a big push or as meatshield.

So i would still suggest if this will be implemented that the rewards are arround the same or get more challanges in for the heavy and assault mechs.

Those are just examples. It will put big rewards to whatever is least played at the time depending on if they pick a weekly, monthly or daily data set to decide from. It's just an extra incentive to balance out the queues or get people to try the weight class that is least played.

The rewards per match is the same, but it will ask you to play more games on the least played weight class to help balance out the queue percentages which is why it seems the least played gets more.

Also I hate playing light mechs for the record. My FPS drops down to potatoes if I move or turn fast due to my crappy PC. I prefer my heavy and assaults, but I can make event suggestions without too much bias on what I prefer. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users