Mechdb Reference/mechlab Beta Release

80 replies to this topic

#1 PobbestGob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

Hey all, MechDB is here! For those who don't know, MechDB is an online MWO search tool, mechlab, reference, etc. Details about it can be seen on my older post https://mwomercs.com...bmwo-reference/ . It's come to a place in its development where some people might get some use out of it so I'm releasing the URL now (bottom of the post).

Note that it's just now in beta, so some of the features such as the "My Mechs" mech garage or the archive aren't yet implemented. The search tools, however, are all set and the mechlab works and will save builds that you can share. Some of the search tools include:
  • Affiliation (Clan/IS)
  • ECM/MASC/JJ capable
  • Hardpoint search (number and location) NOTE: does not search all omnipod combinations, yet.
  • Quirk search
Posted Image

The mechlab is, well a mechlab. Has the usual drag/drop, mech stats, etc. Some features about this one that the client does not have:
  • Switching missiles from artemis/standard won't remove them, they will switch while mounted in the mech.
  • You're allowed to go over tonnage/slots, they will only turn red when you're over.
  • Heat sinks don't have to all be dragged into the engine, you can simply click empty sink icons to fill them up or remove them.
  • Max armor button will front-load the armor for you.
  • Alpha heat %, dps stats, etc.
You can also export any builds you create in MechDB to the MWO client! Except for theorycraft builds for unreleased mechs, for obvious reasons Posted Image .

Features yet to be implemented:
  • Bringing in the rest of the quirks to the lab weapon stats etc.
  • Sandbox mode for theorycrafting. Hardpoints, engine cap, etc unlimited.

Posted Image

Other things that are planned for the very near future:
  • The skill tree. This will also change the values in the mechlab like you'd expect from the client.
  • The Archive section (see preview below). This section looks nice and pretty but none of the links actually do anything yet, because I haven't written the guides etc yet.
  • User accounts. These are necessary for saving builds to the My Mechs section as well as unit content which will also come later.
  • 3-D mech models, just for the fun of it. See preview here: Posted Image
The Archive section (not yet implemented): new player guides, search for builds by chassis/role, unit content, etc

Posted Image

If you spot any bugs that weren't mentioned here, please use the "Contact Author" button and notify me. You can also suggest additional features here.

Enjoy MechDB, the URL is https://www.nav-alpha.com/mech/ Posted Image

Oh and if you'd like to follow updates, I've made a twitter: https://twitter.com/_mechdb

Edited by Kill2Blit, 23 June 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Thankyou! This looks cool.

I hope when PGI does the loadout saving with codes you can find a way to import that functionality.

Mech building on the go you can plug straight into the game when you get home sounds rad.

#3 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

Do you have any plans of including skill tree bonuses with the quirks? Or is that the quirk section on the bottom left? I can't see part of the bottom of the screen because I'm at 720P.

#4 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

Thanks man. I look forward to using this.

#5 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

Is it possible to turn off the sound effect? That's a nice detail to add to it. But it's something I wish I could turn off in the actual game mechlab, except it turns off in game sound effects. So it'd be nice if I could turn it off on the website at least D;

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

At first glance, it feels competent and polished. Thank you for this!

#7 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

sweet! been looking forward to when you were going to release.

hey kill2bit, have a suggestion. for hero mechs could you show the chassis (hero name)?
ie. for the adder hero - adr-cn (cinder)

hrmm ... that might cause a font size/display location issue ... bleh

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

This looks great..

I hope that, if you're gonna do mech models.. you implement cammo, decals and bolt-on too, so we can play with those offline?

Props to you OP..

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

Abs-o-lute-ly brilliant!

Looks and feels very rad. One suggestion so far: How about colouring the ammo in a slightly brighter colour respective to the weapon-colours, so they would be more distinguishable?

Do you plan to add the ability to load the stock loadouts?

Edit: Testing a bit, i noticed that the mechlab has some problem updating the tonnage when swapping engines. You might want to look into that. As it is, one has to remove an engine before adding another one or the the tonnage will be messed up.

Edit 2: Also, the structure value for the heads shows 18 points, whereas should be 15 points, across all chassis'.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 12 June 2018 - 12:45 AM.

#10 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:28 AM

This is wonderfull. Thank you, very much !

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

Neato!

Now I noticed that returning from the mechlab to the chassis' browser messes up the weight-class filter somehow...

#12 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:57 AM

Any chance of getting estimated optimal range after putting weapons on a build? Would be nice if we could click out the LRMs/ATMs for those that just want direct damage or maybe categorize Alpha into 2: Spread and Direct so like Alpha Strike: 50 (25 direct damage, 25 spread damage).

Just tossing out ideas to help the nubs :P

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:00 AM

Also, you're missing a donate button. Posted Image

Edit: Found another (you probably know of): Clan Chassis' that have both Omni- and Battlemech-variants list the Battlemech-components under the Omnipod-tab, which shouldn't be possible.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 12 June 2018 - 02:08 AM.

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:22 AM

another one on the ACW: The Omni-pod list shows -prime and -primes pods

#15 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:42 AM

Awesome job, this looks like it will be great!

I get a white square around the mouse cursor (set a message about it). Even without the white square an option to turn off the custom mouse cursor would be nice.

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:04 AM

Found a biggie: The IS UAC10 is missing!

#17 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:38 AM

Just played around a bit and i'm very impressed. Great work!

#18 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

I found a bug. When I try put a heatsink on a center torso, not inside of the engine, the website put the heatsinks on both center torso and engine.

#19 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

I must say it's pretty awesome. I can think of some nice convenience features. The ability to type in the armor value. Rather than holding the arrow buttons. Also being able to collapse types of weapons and equipment tabs makes it easier to browse them without having to scroll the entire list.

#20 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostKill2Blit, on 12 June 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

I can add a view mode like that to my list ye. also I'm not the creator of smurfy, just mentioned it cuz most people are familiar with it and mechdb is very similar Posted Image

please direct new responses to the latest thread (linked above and in the OP) m8s, just don't want a duplicate topic floating around

NP, and ok.. well then it looks like your new lab will be another welcome addition! I checked it out, looks great. I like how the pop-ups were working for the quirks. A hover pop-up of stock load out would also be kinda sweet.. *(but i know a lotta data to enter for sure lol)

Ps you might wanna just have the mods lock the old thread for ease of tracking.. But kudos, that site is looking very nice. the search feature is extremely well done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users