Weapon Door Icon

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sufo Jareth

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

I'd like to see an icon indicating whether the Weapon Door is open or closed on a mech that supports it. I just recently found out there is a light that indicates this but it is very subtle and I cannot see the color change of the light as I am Red/Green colorblind.

#2 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Wouldn't that be a dream. I asked for that when the Archer came out.

Same with a Gauss charge bar that isn't tucked away in the bottom right of the screen.

#3 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:58 PM

View PostSufo, on 13 June 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'd like to see an icon indicating whether the Weapon Door is open or closed on a mech that supports it. I just recently found out there is a light that indicates this but it is very subtle and I cannot see the color change of the light as I am Red/Green colorblind.

Since there is an armor protection change ( -20% incoming dmg if missile doors closed, -10% incoming dmg if ballistic/energy doors closed) wether the bay/clamps/whatever is open or closed, it could be incorporated into the armor paperdoll of the own Mech, perhaps by let the crit zone of the opened part flash rythmically.

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 13 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Same with a Gauss charge bar that isn't tucked away in the bottom right of the screen.

If I am not completely wrong, isn't there (kind of) a gauss charge indicator in the HUD?
I mean the 6 boxes around the crosshair representing the 6 firing groups.

#4 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

There are, but they are very tiny and I am almost always looking at something else as everything is flashing around the screen. I mean, it may work, but if the audio isn't working as intended, it should be fixed or improved. Better visuals for people without great hearing and better audio for people who may not be able to use the visual ques as well as they should.

There is a reason why you have a casting bar in any fantasy MMO not tucked away down at the bottom.

Edited by Mechwarrior1441491, 14 June 2018 - 09:14 AM.

#5 Sufo Jareth

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users