Please Pgi, Can We Have A 2-4 V. 1 Mode?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Me and my friend couldn't play group because we suck. [Redacted]

All of this is turning off my friends to the game!

What I suggest is a mode for 2-4 man premade groups to get together and chase down a lone solo player (because, you know as well as I do that they're not really feeling humans who want to have a good, fair gaming experience) and club that poor fool to death mercilessly. Man, that's gonna be good times!

I understand that few solos will volunteer to play this mode, so we could just pluck one randomly from the solo group queue whenever a 2-4 man premade wants to play. Wait times should be a thing of the past! I understand that that solo player may have wanted to play in a "solo group queue" against other solo group players, but not only do me and my friends suck at this game, but we're also too stupid to understand the meaning of the word "solo." (That CAN mean "alone," but it can also mean playing against small premade groups, right?). But we've already established the fact that the solo gaming experience doesn't matter compared to my needs (you can find it in unassailable, deductive-proof print just one paragraph up in this very post!)

Also, it would be no fun at all if me and my buds were actually defeated by one scrub subhuman solo piece of worthless trash, so let's have the MM pick a solo with a sub-200 average match score and say about an .80 w/l ratio (so they're worse than me).

You have to do this, PGI! I've spent money on this game and I'm thinking about quitting for a while until I come back and quit again because of the skill tree!

Edited by draiocht, 15 June 2018 - 10:31 AM.
exploit

#2 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image

#3 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

We've got enough threads running about this without adding a sarcastic one to the pile.

#4 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostHaipyng, on 15 June 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

We've got enough threads running about this without adding a sarcastic one to the pile.

I don't know what you're talking about. Why can't I ask PGI for something that will make me and other 2-4 man premades happy? Is this not a reasonable request?

#5 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostMister Glitchdragon, on 15 June 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Why can't I ask PGI for something that will make me and other 2-4 man premades happy? Is this not a reasonable request?

Ask PGI or Russ on Twitter instead. It is more effective.

#6 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

View PostNameless King, on 15 June 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Ask PGI or Russ on Twitter instead. It is more effective.

Are you asking me to do something better than I have been doing it? NO! I don't want to "be more effective." The burden rests squarely with PGI and this community to make me happy!

#7 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostLuminis, on 15 June 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

I don't get it. Can someone explain or link me?

#8 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Don't try to recruit people you already know into MWO, it doesn't work. Why not join a unit and make new friends?

Private lobbies are ideal for "just fun" screwing around. You never are going to have a relaxing game in group queue. I have presented you with the solution. It is up to you to act on it.

Edited by Spheroid, 15 June 2018 - 09:58 AM.

#9 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Don't try to recruit people you already know into MWO, it doesn't work. Why not join a unit and make new friends?

Private lobbies are ideal for "just fun" screwing around. You never are going to have a relaxing game in group queue. I have presented you with the solution. It is up to you to act on it.

No, that's not it. There is a subtext to the OP's thread. But I just don't get it...

Is it a reference to mwowc? Is it a reference to blood asp change? [Redacted] I don't quite get it.

Edited by draiocht, 15 June 2018 - 10:32 AM.
exploit/griefing reference

#10 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 15 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

I want to drop with friends and I'm a CASUAL! I want to blow the components off solo-filth like pulling wings off a fly. Premades v. 1. That's what I want, and I know I'm not alone. Make it happen!

#11 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

Casual millennials lolz.

#12 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#13 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

View PostThroe, on 15 June 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

As concerns your actual suggestion, I question whether you might actually see quite a bit of voluntary participation on the v 1 side of this. Canyon Network, 4 vs 1. I get to be in a Locust or Piranha, and the other team is only allowed to use 100 tonners. My win condition is survival for 15 minutes, or elimination of the enemy team(admittedly unlikely, but possible if they split up). I daresay you might actually have a tougher time filling the 4 v side of this equation.

Call it, "Chasing the Squirrel".

TOO HARD! WE'RE A CASUAL GROUP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

But your obviously try-hard, competitive, top-tier nonsense has me thinking about some more reasonable sub games. How about these:

PINATA: Each member of the premade group takes turns firing at the solo, who drops in a one-legged TBT. The goal is to get the most components before the solo dies.

JENGA: Same as Pinata, the premades take turns firing at the one-legged solo, but the premade who kills the solo loses. Not only would this be fun for everyone who matters, but it would give micro-lasers a viable niche, as players try to hit with less damage in the endgame.

View PostThroe, on 15 June 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

I question whether you might actually see quite a bit of voluntary participation on the v 1 side of this.

Oh, Throe. My sweet summer child. No one else around here cares what solos feel, want, or expect out of this game. Don't waste your time on some foolhardy crusade. We don't need a solo's permission to drop them into a mode that is intrinsically unfair to them. It's time for you to grow up, accept that solos are vermin, and never forget it.

Let's do this!

#14 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

[mod]Due to unconstructive tone of topic,
this thread has been moved to
Kaetetôã.[/mod]

#15 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

What, may I ask, was "unconstructive" about my tone?

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:15 AM

Don't recommend twitter! Sweet baby jebus you'll end up with Russ taking it seriously and we'll get a 'terribads clubbing a random so they feel better about themselves' queue.

#17 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:54 PM.

#18 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users