Fp Poll

Social Gameplay News

89 replies to this topic

Poll: FP's future (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still interested in FP?

1. Sir, Yes, Sir! (188 votes [48.83%])

Percentage of vote: 48.83%

2. No, it is bad! (60 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

3. Maybe, if (some) improvements are made (129 votes [33.51%])

Percentage of vote: 33.51%

4. Maybe, let me explain in thread (8 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:44 AM

Here you go!

I hope it is right how i have done that poll... o.O Posted Image

Regarding to this Thread:
https://mwomercs.com...-august-and-fp/

Please dont discuss WHICH improvements can be made in this Thread. For that i will start another one when the time is come.

Just show your interest here and stay polite!

Edited by Bishop Six, 19 June 2018 - 01:18 AM.

#2 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

I really think general discussion is a better place for this as it will not get much publicity here. And as this is the FP section of course almost everyone will vote yes.

#3 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:10 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 19 June 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

I really think general discussion is a better place for this as it will not get much publicity here. And as this is the FP section of course almost everyone will vote yes.

Mh you are right....like i said i am not experienced with this social media stuff.

Can i move it?

Edit:
I wrote Moderation to kindly move this Thread to General Discussion.

Edited by Bishop Six, 19 June 2018 - 01:21 AM.

#4 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

If they improve up on the game mode definitly

#5 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

Would be great if they remove all the QP modes...
Because incursion was surely never meant to be a FW mode.

#6 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:11 AM

There is more then faction play?

#7 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:14 AM

CW is my mode of choice.

CW and those I play it with are THE reason I play MWO. Remove either and that removes my reason to play.

The players have given feedback for years on CW. It has been hashed and rehashed, then done again.

To move forward in any discussion we need the 'other side' to take part. The other side that we need to hear from is PGI. We need to know what they are thinking in the short and long term.

#8 G P M

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 258 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

My Vote was: Maybe, let me explain in thread

I do not often play FP/CW because it takes longer to get a match than in QP and because of the Events, there are less than in QP.
If this could be improoved / changed, I would play more often.

#9 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

While I am most certainly a "yes" in terms of my interest in CW, the reality however is that I don't play it much because most of those with whom I regularly play the game are not motivated to play CW due to its turgid state of development. As a result I went with "maybe". I think with a little effort (I mean minimally viable levels of effort here) the mode could be made sufficiently attractive to get a heck of a lot of "no" and "maybe" votes to switch to a resounding "yes". Such efforts would be:

Give us back factions and thus the potential for nerd politics and right there you give a lot of folks a reason to return. Don't even start with the "not enough population for that many buckets" bs either. If Solaris can have 14 buckets CW can have enough to give the damn mode some sense of "faction" play.

Give better rewards to encourage folks of all skill levels a motivation to play. Face it, the warning sign dosn't work. Bads want to play and frankly even the serious CW units need the bads to have something to shoot. So lets encourage every one to play, and then encourage the bads to get good with decent rewards. For both wins and losses give substantially better rewards (especially for the loyalists). Draw in the casuals and make the inevitable stomps against organized units more palatable by making a loss not a total waste of time with improved rewards even on a loss. Give everyone something to strive for with the better rewards for a win. While your at it make planets something of actual consequence and not just a minimal MC prize.

That's pretty much all it would take to get me, and I think, a lot of other folks I know back on board with regular CW play. As it is though, most are of the "why bother, its just QP with respawns mostly, just play GQ" camp.

Lots of other stuff might help increase interest too (more and better maps, thematically linked maps and modes to simulate a campaign, all the other stuff folks have posted since phase 3 killed the mode, etc.) but factions and better rewards would be the minimal effort starting point I would try if PGI is interested in getting more folks playing this mode. The thing is though I don't think they are (Russ's assertion that they would be discussing future CW development not withstanding).

Edited by Bud Crue, 19 June 2018 - 04:53 AM.

#10 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

1) Bring back FP 2.0
2) ????
3) Profit!

#11 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

I love FP mode but not during quick play events Posted Image

#12 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

Balance issues aside , how can anyone hate any mode since we have so few of them ?

Unless we have an FP event with cool prizes its pretty time consuming to get into an fp match and only in the evenings . That makes its more rare and special for me .

#13 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Rewards. Make it worth my time. Posted Image

#14 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Another one of these? Really? Sigh* ....

#15 NCISTonyDiNozzo

Rookie

• Staff Sergeant Major
  • Staff Sergeant Major
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

FP Need to Stay and Need a bit of improvement

#16 DrakulMcBeorn

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

FP much more better than solaris.

Solaris is only good enugh for waiting for other FP Players

Edited by DrakulMcBeorn, 19 June 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#17 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

What is faction warfare, and what should it be ?

At the moment faction warfare is the only way to play MWO with respawns and the ability to choose a Mech (dropdeck) after the map for the match is clear.
It's also the only part there the balancing between Clan and IS works (more or less) because the teams are splitted between Clan and IS.
I know that this is a very technical point of view.

So, what should faction warfare be ?
The part of MWO there factions are important.
At the moment factions are just an easy way to grind Mechbays, and otherwise the factions don't have any effect.
In the most played part of MWO (Quick Play) factions don't matter.

So, how could PGI make faction warfare more about factions ?
Remove the non-faction rewards from the faction ranks.
Remove the mechbays, remove the gazelle dropships, remove all the other stuff (GXP, C-Bills) that is just generic.
Give out the Faction Decal as first reward, following with the Faction Name as decal.
Other stuff could be Decals for faction units... low ranking units for example like the "14 Legion of Vega" in the beginning, high ranking unit decals like the "Sword of Light" at the higher rankings.
Give a C-Bill and MC discount for faction typical mech variants (like the Warhammer 6D for Davion) depending on the players faction rank.
Create faction exclusive Mech Variants like the Grand Dragon for Kurita for C-Bills that are aviable after a specific rank.

Add to the Clan vs IS conflict also a Clan vs Clan conflict (fight at the Clan Homeworlds) and a IS vs IS Conflict by splitting the Meta Factions Clan and IS into allied teams:
Crusader Clans vs Warden Clans
Federated Comonwealth & Rasalhauge vs Concord of Kapteyn.

Handle the Faction pledge different by giving the player 2 possible factions:
A IS faction and a Clan faction.
That would allow the players to play both kind of Techs in faction play and would double the amount of active units.

#18 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:57 PM

Remove everything other than invasion, give the possibility to challenge other groups, say your 6 and they are 8, both teams gets higher priority in Q, and the solo's and 2-3 people teams fill this challenge lobby, if there are no challenge lobbys currently being filled, let it be FcFs like it is now.

thought about it for a second, You can specifically challenge a group if they are on your friends list, if you know groups are fighting, and dont know who they are you can choose random challenge group. Like all you would see is "7 players seeking team" and you can either Q for that or get spit into the main Q

(i know this was done before, im not saying ONLY team Q's, and ONLY Solo q's.

Im saying allow teams to challenge teams in the "matchmaker" and if there is no teams in the OH ILL WAIT AN EXTRA 15 MINS IF I HAVE TO IF IT MEANS TO GET A TEAM Q, then just have it do it like it is now, just give us the option if we dont want to club seals.

#19 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:55 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 19 June 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

Remove everything other than invasion, give the possibility to challenge other groups, say your 6 and they are 8, both teams gets higher priority in Q, and the solo's and 2-3 people teams fill this challenge lobby, if there are no challenge lobbys currently being filled, let it be FcFs like it is now.

thought about it for a second, You can specifically challenge a group if they are on your friends list, if you know groups are fighting, and dont know who they are you can choose random challenge group. Like all you would see is "7 players seeking team" and you can either Q for that or get spit into the main Q

(i know this was done before, im not saying ONLY team Q's, and ONLY Solo q's.

Im saying allow teams to challenge teams in the "matchmaker" and if there is no teams in the OH ILL WAIT AN EXTRA 15 MINS IF I HAVE TO IF IT MEANS TO GET A TEAM Q, then just have it do it like it is now, just give us the option if we dont want to club seals.

Options to avoid Seal clubbing would be smart, so Sky can finally have some Rest :P

#20 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

Get rid of QP modes.
Get rid of trial mechs.

Give us ISvIS / ClanvClan again.
Give planets meaning economy, lore, something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users