24 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:30 AM

Can we please have a celebratory mech pack?

Light: Wasp

Medium: whoops, none left. How about Crusader?

Heavy: whoops, that was Crusader's job. How about Longbow?

Assault: Surprise me!

I'm not even playing anymore, but I'll buy and log in to celebrate.

LONG LIVE BATTLETECH, and LOVE LIVE PGI's LEGAL TEAM!!!!

#2 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostMarauder3D, on 21 June 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

LONG LIVE BATTLETECH, and LOVE LIVE PGI's LEGAL TEAM!! FACTION PLAY !!!

THX :)

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

Where does it say that the legal action is over and our unseen mechs are safe? I need some sources, dammit!

#4 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:16 AM

Marauder3d, did something new change? I just did a quick news search and didn't turn up anything since the Harmony Gold v. Harebrained dismissal.

Can you provide a link or explanation of what you are referring to please?

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

https://drive.google...4TMuwoIn3g/view

It seems that they're getting dismissed WITH PREJUDICE against ALL the parties.
Say what you want about PGI's game design, but god damn, i might have to buy a mechpack or two to celebrate. (Can i have quads now?)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 21 June 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#6 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:25 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

Where does it say that the legal action is over and our unseen mechs are safe? I need some sources, dammit!

View PostAgent of Change, on 21 June 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

Marauder3d, did something new change? I just did a quick news search and didn't turn up anything since the Harmony Gold v. Harebrained dismissal.

Can you provide a link or explanation of what you are referring to please?

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6119137

#7 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

Thank you, i just noticed the other thread had been updated and was about to post teh link myself.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

OP, do we know ther terms? I mean do we know that PGI now has free reign with the unseens?

#9 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 June 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

OP, do we know ther terms? I mean do we know that PGI now has free reign with the unseens?

Yes and no. Sorry to be a pain, but this is the legal system we are talking about.

1. The case was dismissed with prejudice. I.E., HG is prevented from ever bringing this EXACT claim again against PGI, HBS, or In Media Res (Catalyst Game Labs). So in that case, even this settlement is a wondrous victory.

2. We don't know what PGI agreed to do to make this settlement happen. It is possible (however unlikely) that PGI agreed to make no more of the Unseen designs into MWO mechs. I'm not sure we'll ever find that out, because these agreements are often confidential to the parties bound.

3. However, we will be able to tell by the future actions of the parties, what the agreement might have been.
  • Wasp appear next week as a mech pack? Obviously HG tucked tail before getting splattered.
  • No more unseens released? PGI agreed to pull future releases in order to reach settlement.
  • Marauder/Archer/Warhammer/Rifleman packs disappear from mech store? You get the picture.
We live in interesting times, but I kind of think the "we have victory" meme from Lord of the Rings might be appropriate.

#10 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:51 AM

View PostMarauder3D, on 21 June 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yes and no. Sorry to be a pain, but this is the legal system we are talking about.

1. The case was dismissed with prejudice. I.E., HG is prevented from ever bringing this EXACT claim again against PGI, HBS, or In Media Res (Catalyst Game Labs). So in that case, even this settlement is a wondrous victory.

2. We don't know what PGI agreed to do to make this settlement happen. It is possible (however unlikely) that PGI agreed to make no more of the Unseen designs into MWO mechs. I'm not sure we'll ever find that out, because these agreements are often confidential to the parties bound.

3. However, we will be able to tell by the future actions of the parties, what the agreement might have been.
  • Wasp appear next week as a mech pack? Obviously HG tucked tail before getting splattered.
  • No more unseens released? PGI agreed to pull future releases in order to reach settlement.
  • Marauder/Archer/Warhammer/Rifleman packs disappear from mech store? You get the picture.
We live in interesting times, but I kind of think the "we have victory" meme from Lord of the Rings might be appropriate.

As Horseman said on other thread, if there was a settlement, it should had been mentioned in the stipulation, but we don't have any mentions.

Harmony Gold basically gave up.

#11 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 21 June 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

As Horseman said on other thread, if there was a settlement, it should had been mentioned in the stipulation, but we don't have any mentions.

I suspect PGI may have had to negotiate something or agreed to something that isn't mentioned in the formal ruling, However, if HG basically gave up, I'm happy to be wrong. I just want this entire mess over with!

HURRAH HURRAH HURRAH

#12 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 21 June 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

I suspect this is pretty close to the truth. What I did notice is that no fees were assessed to either party as part of the ruling, and if HG did get ruled against absent any kind of deal I would think fees would have been judged against HG. This indicates some kind of deal MAY have been struck in that HG saw the writing on the wall and agreed to basically a dismissal with prejudice in exchange for no other penalties or fees assessed against them for wasting everyone's time. This seems plausible to me because it's basically PGI buying the end of the lawsuit (and continued legal fees) at the cost of not having anything punitive occur to HG.

Strike all of the above following this post by Russ just now:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6119238

this seems to indicate a deal was definitely struck but leaves a lot of questions as to what kind and what exactly '"Classic" Designs' means.

Edited by Agent of Change, 21 June 2018 - 08:58 AM.

#13 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

Well, this means I’m DEFINITELY not gonna get my Hornet...

Where do I put my money for the Wasp/Stinger combo pack?

#14 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

I'd gladly get pummeled in a WASP for a month straight if it meant piloting a WASP!!!!

#15 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

I dislike that people are enthusiastic for trash tier mechs when they should be more excited for powerful derivitive mechs like the Rifleman IIC and the Warhammer IIC which were potentially sidelined during these ongoing legal proceedings.

#16 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 21 June 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

I dislike that people are enthusiastic for trash tier mechs when they should be more excited for powerful derivitive mechs like the Rifleman IIC and the Warhammer IIC which were potentially sidelined during these ongoing legal proceedings.

Maybe people are excited at the prospect of using these mechs in MW5:Mercs? As well as HBS' Battletech? Cause, you know, the IICs won't be in those games until a Clan expansion comes out or something.

And maybe some people are flipping tired of the CONSTANT BLOODY POWER CREEP IN MWO~!

#17 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 21 June 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

And maybe some people are flipping tired of the CONSTANT BLOODY POWER CREEP IN MWO~!

"Want to buy a mechpack?" does not work nearly as well when existing mechs of that tonnage are superior. How many 20 ton Flea do we see in match compared to the Pirahna a few months ago.

#18 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

When it comes to classic mechs, you're going to get purchases that aren't based on the efficacy of the mech. It's all about aesthetics.

Besides, go to deviant art and look up Shimmering Sword's new Wasp. The thing looks dope. Not every mech has to be the best ever, right?

#19 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

I'm rather hoping that this means we get the Marauder II. Another 100t IS mech may be a bit redundant, but I would love to see what Alex comes up with for that thing.

#20 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 21 June 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

We won't know until the future. One thing that does make me hopeful with what happened behind the scenes was the release of the Incubus (which was an unreleased unseen). The VMI mechs might be very well in the clear for all we know, but cross your fingers and hope for the best here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users