Quick Impressions: Flea

2 replies to this topic

#1 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

I happen to have time again coinciding with a new mech release, so I've been considering doing another 'Is It Good' thread. But before that, I figured I'd toss in my initial impressions on the Fleas in general. So what are my first thoughts?

Everything you may love in the Locust, but with access to MASC in some models. The 17, 15, 20, and Romeo are all very similar to the 1E/3M because they will run 5-7 light energy weapons (MLs, SPLs, ERSLs, etc). The 19 and FA are the IS Piranha with 6-8 MGs and 1-3 energy slots.

The 20 with ECM seems a bit hit or miss. Though I was running XL170, ECM, 4 MLs, and MASC with 10 DHS. It would probably do better if I had maxed skills (I ran out of spare points from the old system). It's pretty much a Pirate's Bane with MASC and the ability to hit 170 kph.

The 17 and FA are the other two MASC versions. 170 Kph (even for brief periods) is rather fun. I can't basically tell what's going on to the sides at that speed, but still fun.

My 17 is 6 MLs, with a XL 170, MASC, and 10 DHS. Light Ferro to almost max armor (3 points shaved from the head).

The FA I run is 6 LMGs, 3 MLs, MASC. 10 SHS. Only a half ton of ammo for the LMGs... Because I just can't decide what I'd cut to get the extra tonnage... Maybe trade 2 MLs for 2 ERSLs and get an extra ton.

The 19 with a single ERML, 8 LMGs, 2 tons of ammo, and 10 SHS. Very effective if your team doesn't suck. Not enough oomf to strip armor on it's own. But 8 LMGs will put the fear of god into anyone with no armor.

The 15... 5 MLs, 10 DHS, 2 LMGs (1 ton ammo). While 2 LMGs don't do that much, they certainly will scare people whose armor you can peel off.

Romeo... 5 MLs, 12 DHS. It's the 17 or 20 with no MASC or ECM. If you use the missiles they will be different, but I just can't see spending the weight on IS missiles on a 20 tonner. Kanajashi was running this variant when I happened to run into him launch night and was using ERSLs and Streak2s. He enjoyed it and lived to the end, while I got clipped and blown up by a lucky Heavy Gauss round.

Edited by Shadey99, 20 June 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#2 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Honestly, I don’t like the 20, it’s just boring!
The 19 is a lot of fun, but I do prefer the MASC (because I can make turbo noises)

#3 Larsh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 272 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYinz all going to EnP at PGH n'at?

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 20 June 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

I do prefer the MASC (because I can make turbo noises)

Glad to know I'm not the only one here :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users