So We're Back To 3 Minutes

7 replies to this topic

#1 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

So after the hotfix the wait time is back to 3 minutes, so is this a glitch or did they decide we weren't waitng long enough?

#2 RasputiN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationVenice

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

yeah ..2 min were perfect, notingh change with 3 min, only wait time.

PS: Solaris need an event ASAP!!

#3 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

View PostRasputiN, on 20 June 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

yeah ..2 min were perfect, notingh change with 3 min, only wait time.

PS: Solaris need an event ASAP!!

I wouldn’t touch it because of an event.

#4 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

Fix the Divisions. I know thematically, you want 7 divisions, but balancing them is what is needed.

2 divisions for each mech Class. If a mech is so bad that it can't compete against it's own class, you could drop it to a lesser class, but rarely.

Or, just move the Assaults into their own Class because the miniature size of Solaris 7 maps favors them so heavily.

I played 250-280 Division 2 matches and I get beat by the mech chassis used against me usually and this really turned me away from Solaris 7. I would get to a .500 record using a few heavy mechs, and then face an unending stream of KDK-3's and Warhawks. I surmised these were actually the bad KDK-3 pilots if they were facing me in a Heavy mech. No, I am not going to buy a KDK-3, I will wait for better balance in Solaris 7.

Last I played I was getting matched in 10-60 seconds. 3 minutes now? Really? That's bad. I think it's just the divisions are pitting players against heavier chassis that they would really have to out-perform to beat and so they realize S7 is not skill based.

#5 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Some divisions aren't weight biased super heavily. Div 3, for example, I'm currently 22-3 with my VTR-9S, having beat quite a few king crabs to death with it. Div 4 the Jagermech is the king, even though the Highlander IIC has a lot of weight on it. Divs 1 and 2 are pretty boring though, ruled by 100 ton dakka mechs. All 100 tonners capable of doing heavy dakka builds need to go to Div 1 where they belong, and then Div 2 would be pretty interesting as well.

But I played a bunch of Solaris over the past few days, and it seems to be 2 minutes for me on the countdown.

#6 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

Fake news! The wait time is 2 minutes currently. :)

I am also on board with a Solaris event. I think the game mode has potential, but the ELO matching doesn't work with small population, which makes it less fun, and stops people from playing.

#7 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

What Solaris needs desperately is a single waiting queue, rotate mechs available to play every day not players and create a single player ladder.

Edited by Brizna, 02 July 2018 - 11:18 AM.

#8 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:00 PM

View PostJettrik Ryflix, on 02 July 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Fake news! The wait time is 2 minutes currently. Posted Image

I am also on board with a Solaris event. I think the game mode has potential, but the ELO matching doesn't work with small population, which makes it less fun, and stops people from playing.

Wasn't fake new over two weeks ago when i made this post and the elo although not great is not the main issue for it being fun. The problem is having one mech rule the division they are in. i understand that not all mechs are created equal but it gets real old fighting the same meta build over and over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users