Can We Focus On Fp Now?

103 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:02 AM

So, dear PGI, are we done with Solaris yet?

Can we finally put Faction Play on the front burner and focus on reworking it?

Turning it into what it should be? The main course of the game? "Campaign mode"? Not seal-clubbing country?

There are plenty of suggestions how.. (many my own, I admit), so you should probably get plenty of ideas on what the players need..

Maybe?

Please..

#2 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

Better write Russ on Twitter. Higher chance to get an answer

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:18 AM

at least do some more fp events.

#4 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:22 AM

FP need SoloQ, whole idea about unit's game play obviously not so popular (same reason why GroupQ is dead - not enough organized people for premade drops).
Made mode between "Scout" and "Invasion", call it "Planetary Militia" phase when defend planet and "Mercenary Pug" when attack, made it SoloQ only, and you lure enough players to try FP at least.

Edited by Anastasius Foht, 21 June 2018 - 01:19 AM.

#5 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:34 AM

Consolidate QP into FP or vice versa.

#6 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

Not enough pugs to farm in fp?

I tried fp and get stomped by premades,
they said find a group or bust, i busted fp.
Seems a lot other pugs did the same ...

If you consolidate qp with fp without any premade-restriction, you will kill mwo,
the pugs dont play fp because groups, if you force them to play against premades,
they will leave.

FP is dead and only a few players are not worth a futher investment in that mode.

Edited by Kroete, 21 June 2018 - 12:40 AM.

#7 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:59 AM

I've given up hope on FP. And although Russ did say they would be discussing future development of the mode, I fear that even if their discussions segue into actions and real changes to the mode, they would not be the changes that anyone actually wants or that would benefit the mode in a way that would attract players.

We need our factions back, we need better rewards. We need a something to motivate folks to want to play as a team in a team based mode. We need something to make players care about the planet taking aspect of the mode, what the mode does for their faction, their unit and for themselves. Such a system must provide a schema that encourages all skill levels of players to participate (we just don't have to population to be selective, I am sorry but we don't) and which encourages the bads to stick around long enough to get good.

That's a tall order, and the closest we ever came to it was phase 2, and I don't think PGI would be willing to go back to that even if just as a starting point. So that leaves PGI doing something totally new as an option and I don't think PGI will do that at this point in the game's development given their direction and emphasis over the last year (See Solaris, etc.), and even if they did I fear it would be some horror show like two buckets of "clan only stock omnipod fight for the Kahn vs IS stock mechs" with decals and bolt-ons as the sole form of reward or some silly **** like that. -shudder-

So yeah, keep fighting the good fight and asking for improvements, but if such "improvements" are ever actualized...brace yourselves.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

Yes, FP should be their main focus this time. As a dedicated FP drop caller in one of the most active FP units, it is shameful how PGI had neglected FP for so long.

Edited by El Bandito, 21 June 2018 - 04:38 AM.

#9 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:25 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 June 2018 - 03:24 AM, said:

Yes, FP should be their main focus this time. As an dedicated FP drop caller in one of the most active FP units, it is shameful how PGI had neglected FP for so long.

https://mwomercs.com...s-need-support/

:)

#10 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:32 AM

FP is bitter for me. Back when it was CW, I've poured countless hours into this mode. Overtime and changing units, I just don't like this mode anymore.

If I drop alone, I'm at the mercy of 11 other random people and hoping they're not as a bad as they are in QP. If I'm stuck with them, then that's roughly a half hour of anti-fun stomp fest for me. It's just not appealing.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 21 June 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

FP is bitter for me. Back when it was CW, I've poured countless hours into this mode. Overtime and changing units, I just don't like this mode anymore.

If I drop alone, I'm at the mercy of 11 other random people and hoping they're not as a bad as they are in QP. If I'm stuck with them, then that's roughly a half hour of anti-fun stomp fest for me. It's just not appealing.

Have you dropped with Mercstar though? If you are interested in dropping with us to get a feel, send me a friend request in game. If you wish to apply for the unit then there is application form. http://www.mercstar....it-application/

#12 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:03 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 21 June 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

Better write Russ on Twitter. Higher chance to get an answer

twitterwarrior-online. sadly ;)

#13 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 June 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

Have you dropped with Mercstar though? If you are interested in dropping with us to get a feel, send me a friend request in game. If you wish to apply for the unit then there is application form. http://www.mercstar....it-application/

Aww, I had an interest a few years ago, but I'm more akin to the MRBC stuff and I'm currently running with -SA- for it. If y'all are running FP on the clan side, I'll drop with y'all, just no tags and such. <3

Only guy that'll probably remember me is EddieB and his amazing soundboard.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 21 June 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#14 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:07 AM

FP development is tied at the hip to MW5. I doubt PGI has the staff to do both......well, or at all.

S7 is the conclusion of the franchise's revision to single player; and, that was for cost savings and to "reset" strategic goals I'm assuming. To reset the franchise back to where there was a less complicated environment to work in. Games that have long ranges, vast open terrain, weapons that have and require "precision" to work and, most especially, large teams of players, created huge game operating problems technically and socially.

I suspect, it will be a long time before FP is even discussed in earnest: especially, if MW5 really works financially.....

I'd like to see at least a Faction Play event. Something PGI could create to "draw back in" the teams that went somewhere else. I asked around the other night if any of the old crew would consider "team drops" in GP and there was some interest.....

A few have completely left but a majority still have accounts......and, I'd bet may return for a longer FP event centered around a major battle or "traditional objective..." It would have to be large though; something of real value.....

There is at least hope !

#15 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

[color=#959595]If you consolidate qp with fp without any premade-restriction, you will kill mwo,[/color]
[color=#959595]the pugs dont play fp because groups, if you force them to play against premades,[/color]

[color=#959595]they will leave.[/color]

Who said anything about premades?

I ather took it as that "quick play" should be a faction play mode, where solo players drop instantly into a faction match.

This probably is the best solution to keep the game meaningful and alive.

#16 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:19 AM

View PostNimoStar, on 21 June 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

Who said anything about premades?

I ather took it as that "quick play" should be a faction play mode, where solo players drop instantly into a faction match.

This probably is the best solution to keep the game meaningful and alive.

People that play quickplay (90% of the game's population) don't want to play the faction style modes/maps. I used to play a lot of Faction play (Rank 20 merc, Rank 19 Wolf, + few others), but there's really no challenge to it. 12 Solos vs 12 Solos, it's boring because I do 4K+ damage while listening to several Rommels-in-the-making trying to order me around. Drop in a large group, and it's W key win key stomp (boring). Drop solo and run into a large group that'll W key win key into you, do a ton of damage and and lose (boring). Only fun I get out of the mode nowadays is to drop a group of 2-4, and see how hard we can carry against W key win key groups, while listening to several Rommels-in-the-making argue and order us around.

Edited by Vxheous, 21 June 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#17 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 June 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

And here I thought I was the only one doing shameless recruitment attempts.
10/10 I approve!

Posted Image

#18 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostVxheous, on 21 June 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

People that play quickplay (90% of the game's population) don't want to play the faction style modes/maps. I used to play a lot of Faction play (Rank 20 merc, Rank 19 Wolf, + few others), but there's really no challenge to it. 12 Solos vs 12 Solos, it's boring because I do 4K+ damage while listening to several Rommels-in-the-making trying to order me around. Drop in a large group, and it's W key win key stomp (boring). Drop solo and run into a large group that'll W key win key into you, do a ton of damage and and lose (boring). Only fun I get out of the mode nowadays is to drop a group of 2-4, and see how hard we can carry against W key win key groups, while listening to several Rommels-in-the-making argue and order us around.

Sorry but right today some of your guys + friends proofed that they really get salty if they only loose 1 match of 10.

Then they went full force with LURMS and NARC on Caustic to smash everything...haha they dont look for challenge, they look for epeen.

#19 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 21 June 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Sorry but right today some of your guys + friends proofed that they really get salty if they only loose 1 match of 10.

Then they went full force with LURMS and NARC on Caustic to smash everything...haha they dont look for challenge, they look for epeen.

OK? By my guys, you mean EmpyreaL? I don't think my team/unit look for more epeen, winning two back to back World Championships have already provided all the epeen this game had to offer. Also there's not many EmP that still play, and out of those that do, theresonly one guy that consistently plays FW. I doubt you're referring to him, so what group are you referring to?

Edited by Vxheous, 21 June 2018 - 07:48 AM.

#20 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

View PostVxheous, on 21 June 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

OK? By my guys, you mean EmpyreaL? I don't think my team/unit look for more epeen, winning two back to back World Championships have already provided all the epeen this game had to offer.

Ok 1 guy, i think it was 1 in a premade of other well knowns...that was sad to see this against us casuals...because we got better in the last 2 days against them.

Comp.players narcing casuals on caustic with full Lurmers, because they obviously feared to fight us directly...fantastic!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users