Jump to content

Solaris 7 Hero Pack Sale


49 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Solaris 7 Hero Pack Sale!

On Steam and MWOMERCS.COM

Starts: June 21st 10 AM PST

Ends: July 5th 5 PM PST

*Steam Sale Start and End Times May Vary

Check out this amazing deal on the Solaris 7 Hero Pack!

Steam 30% off check your regions pricing!

https://store.steamp...is_7_Hero_Pack/

OR if you don't have a steam account

Purchase here on MWO for https://mwomercs.com/solaris-7 $20 USD (regularly $30 USD)

Also available in gift codes! https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts/sales $20 USD (regularly $30 USD)



#2 Doomich

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

meh..
Excuse me, but I'm more concerned about how my favorite mechs are disfigured
New retrofits system is too terrible
I definitely don't want to buy anything until I feel uncertain about the future design, that will probably make me leave you

#3 Hellfire666

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Wow, barely 5 months later and you put them on sale?
Talk about ripping off the players who paid full price not even half a year ago.

#4 MovinTarget

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Wow, barely 5 months later and you put them on sale?
Talk about ripping off the players who paid full price not even half a year ago.


Yeaaahhhhh, it's tough /bc it was already a pretty dang good deal, but now... O.o

#5 QueenBlade

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

Dat Steam summer sale starting today got your sales in a wedgie eh PGI?

#6 Cloves

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:23 AM

Steam always has a summer sale, normally it would be for the four sets of two mechs that are unique to steam, but they replaced that with the Solaris pack. Everything goes on sale from time to time, and six months is the expected window. Hell, they take mechs that where cash only and then make them on sale for first MC (50% off) then cbills (free).

-edit The pack has always been in a strange place. It’s the cheapest way to get a ton of heroes, but most of them are not as good as an existing hero from thier chassis.

Edited by Cloves, 21 June 2018 - 09:26 AM.


#7 Vanguard836

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

That is a good deal. Was allready a good deal before.

#8 Hellfire666

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 June 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:


Yeaaahhhhh, it's tough /bc it was already a pretty dang good deal, but now... O.o


It was a good deal then and a better deal now - I just can't help but feel like I got ripped off for $10 since they have only been in the game for 2 months or so.

View PostCloves, on 21 June 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Steam always has a summer sale, normally it would be for the four sets of two mechs that are unique to steam, but they replaced that with the Solaris pack. Everything goes on sale from time to time, and six months is the expected window. Hell, they take mechs that where cash only and then make them on sale for first MC (50% off) then cbills (free).

-edit The pack has always been in a strange place. It’s the cheapest way to get a ton of heroes, but most of them are not as good as an existing hero from thier chassis.


But they have only been in game for 2 months roughly. It's a good deal that got even better for sure. I just can't help but feel ripped off for $10. Just a little to soon I think.

#9 Todd Marshall

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Wow, barely 5 months later and you put them on sale?
Talk about ripping off the players who paid full price not even half a year ago.

Dude. Full price was like 8 more bucks. Me, I bought it full price and I ain't even mad. Awesome value in that pack.

#10 Pain G0D

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

Thanks but I already bought one . Posted Image

#11 Flanking Boy

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 49 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:


It was a good deal then and a better deal now - I just can't help but feel like I got ripped off for $10 since they have only been in the game for 2 months or so.



But they have only been in game for 2 months roughly. It's a good deal that got even better for sure. I just can't help but feel ripped off for $10. Just a little to soon I think.

i fell a little the same here.

#12 Hellfire666

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostTodd Marshall, on 21 June 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Dude. Full price was like 8 more bucks. Me, I bought it full price and I ain't even mad. Awesome value in that pack.


The amount isn't the point - it's the timing. Why should I EVER buy anything on or before release if it will simply go on sale less than 2 months after it's release? It's a slap in the face for supporting the game.

#13 Todd Marshall

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:


The amount isn't the point - it's the timing. Why should I EVER buy anything on or before release if it will simply go on sale less than 2 months after it's release? It's a slap in the face for supporting the game.



Since you put "supporting the game" in there, I don't see how it's a slap in the face. You choose to support the game by the amount charged for intangible digital content, at that point in time. But whatevs. If you wanna be salty about it, who am I to stop you.

#14 Ruccus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

I bought it at full price and have no problem with it being discounted - it's just people who otherwise might not have been able to afford it can now do so. It's worth the full price if you are interested in three of the seven mechs; now it's worth the price if you're interested in two of the mechs.

Also of note for those on the fence - the Atlas and Griffin heroes qualify for the event that's currently going on (3 days left in Phase 4 of Mechfest of Champions) so completing their challenges will net you 100 MC and a million c-bills if you don't already have one of those mechs.

Those who bought the Solaris 7 pack earlier were able to use the heroes for the Urbanmech, Firestarter, and Banshee challenges (the Rifleman was part of a group of mechs in phase 1, so you might not have been able to finish that challenge) so buying the pack earlier did allow for an extra 150 to 300 MC and 1.5 to 3 million c-bills versus buying the pack now.

Edited by Ruccus, 21 June 2018 - 10:19 AM.


#15 WarmasterRaptor

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 169 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Wow, barely 5 months later and you put them on sale?
Talk about ripping off the players who paid full price not even half a year ago.


Yeah, I have to agree, my initial reaction is that I do feel a bit cheated too :\

I mean yes, I fully agree that it was a great deal at the time. Still is even at full price.
It's just even more of a great deal now.
Had there been a kind of "early adopter" reward like other mech packs, I wouldn't feel the same I think, now that it would've expired. I just feel meh at the moment :\

But, notwithstanding the above, for potential buyers:
- If you don't buy this pack with THIS great deal at the moment, I don't know what more it'll take you lol I really recommend you buy while the sale lasts!!!

Cheers,

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 21 June 2018 - 10:47 AM.


#16 Jay Leon Hart

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Still waiting on that 50% off Civil War packs Posted Image

#17 MovinTarget

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

Hey since there was no "Early adopter" award for those of us that bought it at full price, a nice lil' MC bump right now for those that *did* buy it before the sale might go a long way to assuaging some hurt freerings... ;)


...just sayin'

#18 Cloves

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 21 June 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:


The amount isn't the point - it's the timing. Why should I EVER buy anything on or before release if it will simply go on sale less than 2 months after it's release? It's a slap in the face for supporting the game.
. That’s why they offer preorder benifits. So either order something in the benifit window, or buy MC on sale, then mechbays on sale, and get anything for under a dollar/ free from event play. If ten bucks is the level that you believe is a slap in the face, then there are options for you as well.

#19 Cloves

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 21 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Still waiting on that 50% off Civil War packs Posted Image


They are in the “free” bracket already.

#20 WarmasterRaptor

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 169 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostCloves, on 21 June 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

. That’s why they offer preorder benifits. So either order something in the benifit window, or buy MC on sale, then mechbays on sale, and get anything for under a dollar/ free from event play. If ten bucks is the level that you believe is a slap in the face, then there are options for you as well.


There were no pre-order benefits for this one.

I fully agree on all other normal packs though :)

I normally prefer to purchase my mech packs with the preorder bonuses, as it’s purely straight up better value.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users