15 replies to this topic

#1 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:15 AM

What do you think of this small/quick change?

- All Divisions are put into the same matchmaker, but you keep track of your Division progress each depending on your Mechs (as we have now)
- You get betting odds multipliers for fighting against higher Divisions (e.g. Div2 vs Div1 could be 30% extra, Div3 vs Div1 could be 80% extra, ... Div5 vs Div1 could be 400% extra)

So you could lose or win a lot more depending on matchmaker luck, but you had a lot more different matches and a larger pool of opponents.

Maybe the matchmaker will make it a 2 vs 2 if the matching is better (e.g. Div 1 + Div3 vs Div2 + Div4)

And later in the future, we might actually have a betting system for spectators... but thats another story :)

#2 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

i disagree. the only real good fights i got in solaris are between same weight classes. everything else is just a stomp one way or the other. its just cross your fingers to be in the superior chassi. id love to fight lights when im in a light and heavies when im in a heavy. everything else does simply not work. my opinion

#3 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

It is a difficult choice yes.

if all matches would be 2v2, there could be better mix, such as light+heavy vs med+assault or med+heavy vs light+assault.

#4 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

I play almost exclusively division 4 and I am absolutely sick of running into Jaggers. I would quit if I had to fight piranhas, jaggers, and annihilators every other match.

#5 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:23 AM

View PostRed-Mattila, on 21 June 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

I play almost exclusively division 4 and I am absolutely sick of running into Jaggers. I would quit if I had to fight piranhas, jaggers, and annihilators every other match.

Get yourself a poptart medium mech and laugh at jaegers. Like that asn-21 withh 4 srm4. Use alpha strike and run from cover to cover, do not let them rain their sustained dps on you.

#6 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:50 AM

We could even think of 1vs2, 2vs3 or 3vs4 matches for asymetrical matchmaking, but the current 1v1 is the most difficult part to balance if we don't have any kind of bonus rating for winning against the odds (e.g. med vs heavy).

Heck, we could even add some AI for qualifying matches to get youself some kind of seeding ELO before getting into the real fights, or just for in-between fights if the queue is very low.

Edited by Reno Blade, 24 June 2018 - 02:52 AM.

#7 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

we should add unicorns and pixies while were at it.

A random 2v2 matchmaker where you can queue solo would help though

#8 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

1 div per weight class.

One 'open' division with the big payouts. Like the Big Leagues.

That's sorta lore appropriate and will hopefully drive more activity.

#9 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

The only part of the MW4 games that was fun was the Solaris arena game.
But that was FFA and also bigger=better, so at the end, you played until you got yourself a Daishi and blast everything with LBX70 or something like that.

But I think it might work with the 5 groups (weight classes + mixed) if it's random/matchmaker 2vs2.

#10 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

It just need div adjustments and should have been also in this patch. Until they fix it, not wait until season end.

Atm.

All lights/meds from div 1/2 need to be moved to 3rd and then possible lower. 6B Kcrab need to be div 1, while other crabs to div 2. Mentioned 6B (DD) jagers moved to div 3. And few other changes also.

#11 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

acw and huntsman can leg ani 2A.
Div 2 wolf hounds kill ballistic crab
Div 3 crabs, there are much better div3 mechs.
div4 jagers, shoot their arms off.

its fine git gud.

#12 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 26 June 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

its fine git gud.

Wolfs are div 3

Edited by Kurbeks, 26 June 2018 - 10:37 AM.

#13 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 26 June 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

its fine git gud.

Shooting off a Jagers arm is easier said then done especially if you're not you using a Jager yourself. The maps have places that you can't get close enough to hurt them enough to knock off the arms. If the Jager pilot is dumb and actually comes out to fight yeah you can knock off there arms easy enough but the smart one never let you get close enough.

#14 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

my bad, div 3 crabs vs wolfs, div 2 pirahna's can eat legs on many assaults.

#15 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

Also IV and Pir (ulti enxt patch) are still paid mechs. Yes sure you can beat camping assults with small lights. But still camping assaults break game unless you picking small mech.

#16 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:33 AM

There should be something added to the Solaris game mode / the Solaris arenas, a game mechanic that allows a player to draw out and to force the other player into combat otherwise he will loose the match. A cap zone, a domination zone, a base / gen that can be destroyed etc etc. Something that takes time to achieve but will result in a win UNLESS the other player does something about it. This secondary objective only determines a winner at the end of a round, if one of both players is destroyed before that it has no effect. That way map control is getting more important which will add extra depth to these games.

Personally im leaning towards a reversed domination zone mechanic. Being in this zone without the other player will build up a score, if both players cannot destroy each other at the end of the round the winner is decided by whom has the biggest presence in that zone ie the biggest score. To win, you don't have to be in the zone, you just destroy your opponent. If you are unable to do so the zone can determine a winner and that will be the one that was "brave" enough to move out and to take a stand.

Edited by Old-dirty B, 27 June 2018 - 05:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users