#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

Hello all,

I've earned enough MC during the last few events to afford a Clan heavy/assault hero when they go on sale for 50% off, which happens often enough. I generally lean towards brawly IS mechs, but I have a few Clan rides and can adjust my play style to suit.

My top choices are the Deathstrike, Scorch, Warrant and Esprit de Corps. I already have the Virago.

The Deathstrike is tempting for Gauss/laser vomit, but I can build a poor man's DS with the MCII-1 which I already own. The Scorch is supposed to be a great mech but I wonder if I'll get better value out of a Clan omni since they offer so many choices of pods.

Looking forward to your opinions.Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#2 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 03 February 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

My top choices are the Deathstrike, Scorch, Warrant and Esprit de Corps.

All are solid picks, except Timby IMO.

The Scorch is a one-trick pony, but there are only two mechs that is able to replicate it (kinda): MCII-2 at the cost of getting bunny ears and Highlander IIC Keeper (will be much slower). No omnimech can be as fast and carry this setup with good enough hitboxes for a brawl.

Ebon Jag hero is good, has unique ST omnipod and is IMO better than timby (same speed, same tonnage capacity for guns, smaller, lighter). IMO Timby now is outshined by Ebon Jag and Sun Spider (unless you are a huge fan of token JJs).

Blood Asp hero = no ECM, as the hardpoint for it is in CT and not in a hero one.

#3 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:05 PM

Own a Scorch, I have a love/hate relationship with it as it's a amazing brawler but the current meta is Nascar with a chance of Lurming that often leaves you singled out when you rush to get into range. Still a nice mech and other options for it if Clan LRMs and ATMs don't make you cringe (I do not endorse using the Scorch as anything more than a Brawler but Baradul does and he is a much better player than I am)

#4 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

Ghillie with stealth, a gauss rifle and medium lasers. Daft, but you feel like a ninja.

#5 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 24 February 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

Ghillie with stealth, a gauss rifle and medium lasers. Daft, but you feel like a ninja.

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I already have the Ghillie, and I am looking specifically for a Clan Hero this time around. That said, keep those suggestions coming, IS and/or Clan Posted Image .

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 25 February 2019 - 11:42 AM.

#6 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

Dunno if u bought one yet, but on my personal wishlist is the HMN Pakhet for the extra missile hardpoint omnipods. Theres also that supernova hero with the Uac 20 hsl +1 quirk.

Edited by VigorousApathy, 25 March 2019 - 02:42 PM.

#7 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

The Arctic Wolf - Blood Kit is a laugh to play, I've put 2 LB10X on mine & it's a demon. I know it's only 40 ton's but it's packing a big punch.

#8 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

Hello all,

I finally picked up a Deathstrike. A while back I went for a Deathwish (HBK-IIC hero), should have gone Pahket. Saving MC up for one now...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#9 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:59 AM

I love my deathstrike. After trying a few things (including the meta gauss / erml thing), I mostly stick to uac's and medium pulse. It's so well rounded, definitely the best out of the list you presented. It's also got a uac jam quirk. I also have a scorch, but I definitely prefer my deathstrike. I've tried various missile builds on my scorch, but find the most success with dual uac10's and LRM's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users