Try Mech Feature

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Try before you buy feature (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in having the option to try a mech before you buy it?

1. Yes (9 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:17 PM

Wouldn't you love the option to try a mech out before you purchase it? There is always things changing with mechs and you want to test out how they run before you decide to buy it. Or you want to test a certain mech out for a c-bill release. I think there should be an option to try a mech before you buy it.

There are three reasons why I found why this can be helpful:
1. You want to see how the mech handles before you buy it.
2. If a Mech finally comes out for MC or C-bills, you can finally see what the mech is about before you actually purchase the mech.
3. To test out any type of movement, heat, etc, buff/nerfs to the applied chassis.

Here is how it works

You Click the button below the mech you want to try:
Posted Image

And it will take you to a map to test the mech out:
Posted Image

It could be helpful in the long-run.

#2 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

I mean I'm all for this, if it just drops you into a Testing grounds map. It still leaves a reason for teh trial mechs, but doesn't leave players blind about how a new mech handles

#3 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:30 AM

Yes, that is another reason to have this feature, especially for the new players coming in testing out new mechs.

#4 TheVikingArtist

• Pip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

I would like to see this even if it's just test grounds with some dummy 'mechs for target practice, and it should let you change the equipment on the 'mech before hand as well.
This I think would be best for new players when they are trying to figure out what they would like to play and if a build would work on something they are looking at. I can absorb the costs now but as a new player picking my first 'mech then finding out I didn't enjoy it was really disheartening because it meant another week of play before I could buy another.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users