Lights So Op, You Need To Cheat To Beat Them.

Balance

75 replies to this topic

#21 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 25 June 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Shortly after the new weapons were released I had match where two lights tried to gank my Hgauss Mauler. Three shots to kill them (leg, CT, CT). I fell in love with Hgauss right at that moment.

I tried sprinting and JJing over a hill, away from a dual hgauss Fafnir, in an Urbie, right after the Fafnir release. I figured there was no way that dude was gonna be able to charge the hgauss and hit me while I was arcing through the air at high speed.

Dude literally one-shotted me right out of the air like it was nothing. Posted Image

#22 barnmaddo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

I don't know what @op's intention was, but they got flamed hard. Maybe aim more?

#23 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

View PostErronius, on 25 June 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

I tried sprinting and JJing over a hill, away from a dual hgauss Fafnir, in an Urbie, right after the Fafnir release. I figured there was no way that dude was gonna be able to charge the hgauss and hit me while I was arcing through the air at high speed.

Dude literally one-shotted me right out of the air like it was nothing. Posted Image

If you don't feather your jets and you fall in a perfect, predictable parabola, I'm going to hit you more than half the time.

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 25 June 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

You used ballistics and no lasers. You are supposed to lol-laseralpha and then die miserably due to overheating (then go to the forum and post on the board how op lights are)

So, you cheated on 3 accounts:
1. You aimed.
2. You used ballistics and no lasers
3. You denied the utter OPness of lights by making sport of your poor fellow heavy and assault bros

You, sir, are disgusting

4. They used their MGs on my torsi, but I had all my weapons in my arms, hahaha. :D

#25 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

Unlocking arm weapons should be banned for parity.

#26 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

El Bandito and Teammate kill three damaged light mechs with assistance of a rain of LRMs at the end of a match that is a total route, and he claims it's indicative of something more than jack all.

How about instead you kill three undamaged light mechs solo at the start of a match and then talk big?

Edited by KoalaBrownie, 25 June 2018 - 08:45 PM.

#27 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 25 June 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

El Bandito and Teammate kill three damaged light mechs with assistance of a rain of LRMs at the end of a match that is a total route, and he claims it's indicative of something more than jack all.

How about instead you kill three undamaged light mechs solo at the start of a match and then talk big?

Someone missed the point... post was redacted though :P

#28 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 25 June 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

Someone missed the point... post was redacted though Posted Image

No the point is that El Bandito wants to tell everyone he's so good people accuse him of cheating
My counter point still stands

#29 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 25 June 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

No the point is that El Bandito wants to tell everyone he's so good people accuse him of cheating
My counter point still stands

Show me... show me on the doll...

#30 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

And in fact the only thing that this thread proves is that El Bandito is a toxic player. Because at the end of the match, especially a route, the only words that come out of your mouth on ALL Chat should be "GGWP"

Edited by KoalaBrownie, 25 June 2018 - 09:49 PM.

#31 Lethe Wyvern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 489 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 25 June 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

And in fact the only thing that this thread proves is that El Bandito is a toxic player. Because at the end of the match, especially a route, the only words that come out of your mouth on ALL Chat should be "GGWP"

For me, this abbreviation is one of the most toxious after "gl hf" and "ggclose", when you had 4 of 4 lrm assaults in your team. And who the hell are you, to tell us what words should or shouldnt come out from our mouths?

#32 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:34 AM

Wow someone is saltier than a bag of chips, haha! Were you one of the lights? :D

#33 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:01 AM

Someone's upset.

#34 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:48 AM

Guess Aunt Flo is in town.

#35 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:29 AM

Yesterday, while playing a King Crab build in Quick Play just for fun, I had 2 Piranha - 1 mechs attack me. I was running 4 x LB2X, 3 x MLas, and 2 x RL20. Game was underway for a bit, team trying to run off and leave the assaults as usual, when the fishies attacked. Hit the first with a volley of ballistics and lasers, then he got behind me and started trying to stay in my rear. His friend showed up, took a volley of ballistics and lasers as well. I then fed him the RL 20, and he goes down. I whip around the other way and catch the first Piranha with the other RL 20. He goes down. Happened pretty quick, and they didn't get much damage in at all.

I'm not even that good of a player in my opinion. Just managed to land some good shots, and those RL 20 ain't no joke at close range. Fed 2 of them to a Mad Cat MkII yesterday as I unloaded those guns and lasers into him at ~150m. He went down in less than 5 seconds, lol.

#36 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:40 AM

I snap fire lights as they are running full throttle with heavy gauss all the time.

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 25 June 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Really, you think you have some moral authority to dictate to players what they should or should not be saying in chat? Interesting and very telling of your personality, or, lack of.

People don't get better when they screw up by giving them hugs. Lay them out and flay them out. I'm even fine with braggarts and victorious ribbing.

Edited by Mechwarrior1441491, 26 June 2018 - 06:42 AM.

#37 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

I've never thought he was a cheater, nor have I heard anyone I play with say he was a cheater.
Good at using teammates for armor? Yes.

Regardless, killing lights when in an assault is fun.

*MCII-B spoils all other daka for me, arms OP plz nerf!*

Edited by McGoat, 26 June 2018 - 06:46 AM.

#38 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:47 AM

Modern light pilots are so spoiled without the ability to fall down. The hugging and reckless piloting they can do is a detriment to the game as a whole.

#39 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:19 AM

lame brag thread by the OP

Edited by frumpylumps, 26 June 2018 - 07:20 AM.

#40 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:45 AM

I found this thread amusing. Why? Because it exposes the double standard people have in this game. Here they boast and "lol" when they easily pop a light mech. Yet, should one of them get killed by one because their armour was stripped or they simply were caught in their tunnel vision by a backstabbing light, they cry bloody murder on the board

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users