Problem With Bluetooth Headset

7 replies to this topic

#1 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:28 AM

Hi, guys, I cant make my Bluetooth wireless headset work with MWO. It works fine in wired mode, but wireless just doesn't. Tried many things - no joy. Probably not important, but the headset is noise cancelling one: Mixcder E7.

Anyone had that issue and solved? Any pieces of advice?

Thanks!

Edited by No One Lives Forever, 29 June 2018 - 06:28 AM.

#2 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

I had a similar problem and solved it within MWO settings. I'm not at home to be more precise right now but check out if your your headset is set as the audio device within MWO. By default MWO uses the windows standard device, but this does not seem to work with wireless headsets because they are not connected all the time.

I had to explicitly set my headset as the audio device to use. Just look for an option where you can change this within MWO audio settings.

MWO will also automatically use the windows standard device if you disconnect / power off your headset, so you only have to change the setting once and not every time you switch your audio device.

Edited by Daggett, 29 June 2018 - 06:52 AM.

#3 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:59 AM

View PostDaggett, on 29 June 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

I had a similar problem and solved it within MWO settings. I'm not at home to be more precise right now but check out if your your headset is set as the audio device within MWO. By default MWO uses the windows standard device, but this does not seem to work with wireless headsets because they are not connected all the time.

I had to explicitly set my headset as the audio device to use. Just look for an option where you can change this within MWO audio settings.

MWO will also automatically use the windows standard device if you disconnect / power off your headset, so you only have to change the setting once and not every time you switch your audio device.

Thank you for the reply. I tried to set in in options and actually had the option to set it to mixcder e7 in MWO client, which I did, but it still wouldn't work. I'll try to play a bit more with it.

Edited by No One Lives Forever, 29 June 2018 - 07:00 AM.

#4 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

Make sure your main windows playback device is setup to your bluetooth headset before you boot the game.
By default the game will use whatever Windows is using.

Below you'd normally see my SteelSeries Arctis 7s, but you get the idea....

Posted Image

Edited by Humpday, 29 June 2018 - 07:15 AM.

#5 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

View PostHumpday, on 29 June 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

Make sure your main windows playback device is setup to your bluetooth headset before you boot the game.
By default the game will use whatever Windows is using.

Below you'd normally see my SteelSeries Arctis 7s, but you get the idea....

Posted Image

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I know how this works, it definitely on the right device, its set to default audio device, its set in MWO client (tried everything in MWO client) but it just wouldn't work with MWO. Works fine, for example, watching youtube or whatever, but once I start MWO client, all sounds disappear. After closing MWO client sound is fine again. Not sure what the hell..

Edited by No One Lives Forever, 29 June 2018 - 12:08 PM.

#6 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

Right, kinda solved by disabling the mic on the headset..

Thanks for your help, guys.

#7 BLACKJACK13

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

I can verify that yes, disabling the mic on the bluetooth device worked and the in game sound came back.

#8 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

[mod]This thread has been moved to
Workarounds.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users