8 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

I bought one with the event MC I saved up combined with the 50% Hero sale so I thought I'd just toss out what I've been doing with it. They aren't the best builds and people will have different preferences, but it can work fine in any of these configurations or even swap the LRMs for ATMs. It's a pretty good purchase. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Posted Image

Mini-Deathstrike SCORCH
  • 2x Gauss Rifle (6 tons ammo)
  • 2x Heavy Large Laser (more efficient than 5 ER ML)
Brawling SCORCH
  • 2x LB20X (6 tons ammo)
  • 4x SRM4 (4 tons ammo)
  • Enough DHS for 3-4x Alpha strike while moving.
LRM Boat SCORCH
  • 4x LRM15 (8 tons ammo)
  • 2x ER Large Laser

#2 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:56 PM

They only thing a Scorch does well, is brawl.

This is because the arms are too low for any other ballistics that require a peak/trade style of gameplay.

#3 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:34 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 June 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

This is because the arms are too low for any other ballistics that require a peak/trade style of gameplay.

It's fine for side peeking when you don't have a Deathstrike. Just stay away from slopes. Posted Image

#4 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

The Scorch has exactly one good build, it's the only build you will ever need and you've listed it as your second build. It's agile enough to not need points in mobility, so you can dump everything into survival, weapons and then sensors or operations depending on your preference. I tend to run with seismic because it's extremely upsetting when someone enters brawling range and you've not got all your guns pointing at them. Side peaking is dangerous because you risk getting your arms shot off, your torsos are also completely unprotectable, so the Scorch favours a balls deep style of play. **** them before they **** you. You will never have more fun in a 'Mech than in that Scorch smashing into an enemy flank like buckshot through a pile of kittens.

#5 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:57 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 June 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

This is because the arms are too low for any other ballistics that require a peak/trade style of game play.

When 2xGauss + 2xERPPC were still workable I used to do very well in Scorch, even after MCII hit the battlefields, the thing is that at 800 meter distance Scorch's hit-boxes are godlike, so sure you have to expose a lot to fire in ridge peaking situations, but not many people have the range to out gun you with those weapons at at that range and many of those who do have DOT damage weapons such as lasers that spread their damage ineffectually all over you.

As a matter of fact I hate the huge broadsides MADIIC has, which are irrelevant at long range since you can always avoid being flanked at that distance, but in a brawl losing half your mech in a blink is most common in a MADIIC, so I always hated all brawling builds for Scorch.

All in all, since Scorch ERPPC+Gauss was rendered useless it has been gathering dust on my mechlab and nothing I have tried to resurrect it has worked.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Yeah but back then there was no MCII Posted Image

Not saying a good player can't make any build work, of course.

#7 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

Just got the Scotch, the brawler build does make it a very satisfying battery ram.

Like the Spirit Bear, you can make it a ATM platform but it seems like a perfectly good wast of a great splat platform.

#8 Marty Monster

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:33 AM

Brawling SCORCH
  • 2x LB20X (6 tons ammo)
  • 4x SRM4 (4 tons ammo)
  • Enough DHS for 3-4x Alpha strike while moving.
LRM Boat SCORCH
  • 4x LRM15 (8 tons ammo)
  • 2x ER Large Laser

Hi

I have just bought this mech in the current sale.

When you use these two builds are you using artemis?

Thanks Marty

#9 AlphaStrikeFire

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 08:53 AM

I am thinking about getting the scorch during the next sale, and I wan to run a brawl build on it. I have 2 builds; 2 x UAC10 + 4xSRM6(1.70 heatefficiency + bigger 360 engine), and 2xUAC10 + 4xSRM6+ArtIV(1.55 heatefficiency). But I can run both builds on a MCII-A. Do you think you can give me a list of pros and cons vs the MCII-DS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users