King Crabs Should Have Their Own Leage

13 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

I hate these things. Can they be moved to T1 again or banned or get their own league plz?

And for some more seriouse note...anyone got a good tip on how to handle them?
The AC spam is terrible...or the LPL+AC or MRM spam.

#2 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Tip 1:

They're slow.

Tip 2:

Massive CT, you couldn't miss it unless your cat is on your keyboard.

#3 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 01 July 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Can they be moved to T1 again

They never were in D1, they started in D3. When PGI tried to fix the initial mess the divisions were, they thought it would be smart (or something like that) to keep to their word and only move mechs up/down one division. They should have done the obvious back then and moved the KGC-000 to D1, the division for boring long range dakka while hiding behind ridiculous armor quirks. But they didn't. They decided to mess up D2, which was more or less fine.

Now let's wait for next patch and what PGI will do to solaris. It will determine if the next season sees thousands of players... or dozens.

#4 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

You can do marauder 3 r with 3xac2 and 4 erml. Rest goes to double heat sinks. And no more then a 60-63 kmh speed. THis gives a very high sustained dps with great cooling and range and even with the lasers you are going to outlast ac10+ac2 Kingcrab in a mid range. KGC will overheat first. Hope your narrower hitboxes help you and you may win sometimes.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 04 July 2018 - 02:13 AM.

#5 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

There are still king crabs in div 3, it is insanity

#6 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

You need a fast mech that can do sustained damage while hugging them. the problem is that this works on 2 maps out of all making the crab having no counter. And to be more specific: the "turret standing in the spawn point kind of crab" stands and softens you while you try to get a good distance or even brawl it so by the time you reach it you die. if you decide to snipe it you ll die agai nas the crab has a lot of armor and it will win the trade. Final solution is to do the same thing as the crab opponent: Get a crab and join the exploit parade. I have made some posts about it earlier and before the solaris changes but I assume I cant convince anyone.

Edited by Alexandros, 07 July 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#7 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Divisions are a mess, match maker should at least aim for the same weight class.

#8 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

Basically you have to choose what you want to be killed by. I can kill a King Crab 9 times out of 10 with my SRM shadowcat but if i face any other mech i'm probably dead.

#9 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:14 AM

I was having the same problem in Div 2. Did not want to play because the 6 ac2 King Crab is BORING. So i looked at the crap anni in Div 2 the 1E, it has 3 energy mounts on each arm and 2 in the ct. this is my build for it.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...4c44db3f3635f8b or this
https://mwo.smurfy-n...aae482ba1a29121

Now you can take or leave the AMS it will help with MRM even if only destroying a dozen missiles it might give you enough time for one last alpha. The above will work very well, Veto Boreal Vault and Steiner Coloseum on map vote, just use terrain to close distance on the map you do get. Twist if under fire. When in range look at the target take a 1/4 second to aim at CT, alpha, twist and repeat. 16 game winning streak yesterday and I played against 228, Kcom, and people with elo above 1900 and beat them all.

Hope this helps

#10 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

So I am not quite alone with the problem of the KC. Good to know.

Well Season ends soon so lets hope it gets moved.

Edited by Nesutizale, 05 July 2018 - 12:01 PM.

#11 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:41 AM

Exatctly as plp said. 6B Kcrab should be in Div1 with other 6B+ assaults. And rest crabs should be in Div2.

Hopefully divs will get fixed after season ends at this patch.

#12 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:08 AM

KC's weakness is that its effective builds tend to be high face time, opening its gigantic centre torso to constant attack. You don't need to out dps it, as long as you can spread its damage out over your components while focussing counter attacks purely on its CT, or a ST if its doing something weird like 6 heavy machine guns and MRMs. The energy Annihilator is far more dangerous, because its CT is nice and compact and its alpha is fired every couple of seconds giving it time to twist. With the Ani your only reliable way of hitting the CT is to aim at the head section, which is small. I've yet to face an Ani in d2, I hope I never have to.

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Face hugging with SRM bombers on brawl maps can beat KGCs in Div 3.

#14 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

I had no real problems with KGC's in Div 3 with my VTR-9S.... but maybe I just got lucky and had bad opponents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users