#1 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:22 AM

keep in mind I am just a spectator
anyways very very few players I would guess(unless they are crazy) would play a Mech Stock

Stock Mode

All 'Mechs will be restricted to stock mode only.

Champion 'Mechs, and other similar special 'Mechs, do not use their own stock loadouts, but rather they use the stock loadouts of the original variant they are based upon.  For example, the Commando COM-1D(C) champion 'Mech uses the stock loadout of the Commando COM-1D.

what exactly do they mean by stock mode?
is stock mode the same as stock mech?

for example can you move things around in the Mech?
how about add or subtract jump jets?, heat sinks, weapons

one reason I ask I was sort of doing an analysis and one Mech had 2 missile hard points
but the load out it was only using 1 of them
in fact the 2nd slot was taken up by a JJ
could you remove some items to fill up the weapons slot/s?
how about upgrades like ferro or endo?

just wondering

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 04 July 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

anyways very very few players I would guess(unless they are crazy) would play a Mech Stock

what exactly do they mean by stock mode?
is stock mode the same as stock mech?

Well not many teams have played yet in comparison to last year. Almost 50% less teams so far as this same stage... It's not looking good, seems most 'beer league' type teams people don't want to play stock mechs at all.

View PostDavegt27, on 04 July 2018 - 04:22 AM, said:

for example can you move things around in the Mech?

Nothing. The mech is 100% locked to it's stock loadout.

You can do a skill tree but that is it. You cannot use the Mechlab other than equipping consumable.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 04 July 2018 - 05:45 AM.

#3 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 04 July 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

Well not many teams have played yet in comparison to last year. Almost 50% less teams so far as this same stage... It's not looking good, seems most 'beer league' type teams people don't want to play stock mechs at all.

I would rather say many "Beer League" or better casual players would like to play a stock mode, but they don't want to play that in a competitive environment and at the same time all competitive teams hate the stockmode, that's why this year MWOWC is a total fail, the comp teams are pissed off cause they have to play stock (some teams even refuse to play this tournament at all) and the casuals can't play a stockmode without facing comp teams!

Edited by Arend, 04 July 2018 - 07:29 AM.

#4 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostArend, on 04 July 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

I would rather say many "Beer League" or better casual players would like to play a stock mode, but they don't want to play that in a competitive environment and at the same time all competitive teams hate the stockmode, that's why this year MWOWC is a total fail, the comp teams are pissed off cause they have to play stock (some teams even refuse to play this tournament at all) and the casuals can't play a stockmode without facing comp teams!

If the "pros" hate stockmode, they obviously aren't that pro .
A true professional works with what he gets, not what he would like to have .
18 years of being a machine-tooling engineer have taught me this, the hard way .

#5 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostShadowHimself McEvedy, on 04 July 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

TIFTFY: ALL comp teams from previous two years have said one way or another they are passing on this years "WC" if you can even call it that.

Is that why the usual names are again at the top of the qualifying leaderboard?

Edited by Vxheous, 04 July 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

Still can't lay a finger on the top teams from the last two years, and those dudes are just giving us the tip.

Also the beer league thing was most likely a direct reference to MRBC and other popular tournaments that have come and gone... because those things are all beer leagues. MRBC especially caters to people of all skill levels. I really just think he wanted to mention that without name dropping because MRBC does it better and they literally can't admit that.

#7 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 04 July 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

thanks

I did not see any leader board
not one that made any sense that is, would be nice

I been watching some WC drops (even after I said I would not watch) and I was pleasantly surprised
maybe because its new/different

If you click into the comp queue tab inside the game, you'll find the leaderboard there.

#8 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

I can not seem to find the place where the "comp teams stated they are not competing in WC2018". Can someone link me there?

#9 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

Actually the top tier comp teams are almost the only ones who are competing. It's most the mid-range and 'beer league' teams who did show up at least for a bit at first the last two years who didn't show.

However that could be totally unrelated to stock mechs - we might see a bit of an upset relative to the last 2 years in how the final 3 shake out but at this point I don't think anyone has any question about who's going to Finals. Also general population decline and collapsing units have left a slim field and at least the people I've spoken to have implied that if you're not one of the top 3-4 teams there's little motivation.

Unfortunate, really. That's the opposite of what a comp queue should really be about. Not to sprinkle salt in this thread too but it feels like PGIs general apathy about MWO overall has seeped into the population.

However, to reiterate, I would hesitate to say the stock theme is responsible for the low turnout. A ton of units have just hollowed out and collapsed this last year and we may have seen this regardless. The people who've complained the most still seem to be playing. People who complain are not the issue as they're still emotionally invested. It's the people who've completely tapped out on ***** to give and left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users